9 people are interested
Front Desk Assistant
ORGANIZATION: Literacy Connects
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
Are you friendly and outgoing? Do you love supporting others? If so, this is the volunteer gig for you! Front
Desk Assistants are the first point of contact for visitors to the Literacy Connects campus. They provide support for visitors, volunteers, students and staff, both in person and over the phone.
- Requirements: The ideal candidate is joyful and approaches challenges with patience and a positive, strengths-based attitude. At Literacy Connects, we consider ourselves to be lifelong learners and are looking for volunteers who are excited to learn as well. Potential volunteers must attend a Literacy Connects General Info Session, must pass a background check, and must be 18 years or older.
- Commitment: The Literacy Connects office is open Monday - Friday, 9am- 5pm.We ask volunteers to commit to at least 1 - four hour shift per week for a minimum of 6 months.
- 09:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- 01:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Literacy Connects
200 East Yavapai Rd., Tucson, AZ 85705, US
Connecting people of all ages to a world of opportunities through literacy and creative expression. From birth throughout adulthood, Literacy Connects’ continuum of programs offers opportunities for learners of all ages to realize their potential -- at school and in the workplace, as parents, as consumers and as participants in the life of our community.
Envision a community where every child graduates from high school, crime and poverty rates are the lowest in the nation, a skilled workforce fosters a thriving economy, and the arts and culture environment is second to none. We do!
Literacy Connects is a Tucson-based nonprofit founded in July 2011 through the merger of five literacy organizations. The merger was based on the belief that by working together we can create the kind of community in which we all want to live.
Last year, our staff and more than 1,500 dedicated volunteers helped more than 50,000 individuals in Southern Arizona.
Our programs coach children in reading so they don’t fall behind and teach parents the importance of reading to children. We help adults with reading, writing, math and/or English and put books in the hands of people who need them. As a powerful voice for literacy, we connect individuals and groups from across the community to work collaboratively toward better literacy outcomes.
Literacy Connects is about how we - as individuals, neighborhoods, organizations and businesses - share a human connection around literacy that helps each of us learn, grow and have a voice. Together, we are developing more resources, serving more people, doing more good, and accomplishing more than ever before.
200 E Yavapai rdTucson, AZ 85705
February 15, 2024
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 four hour shift per week for a minimum of 6 months