Join the Red Cross as a Volunteer Screener (Fairbanks) (Virtual)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Alaska Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Volunteer Screener gathers relevant information about prospective volunteer candidates while assessing which positions volunteers are best suited.
- Schedules and conducts volunteer screenings (phone or in-person) with prospective volunteers.
- Prepares for each screening interview (i.e. reads a candidate's application questionnaire and the corresponding position description they are applying for)
- Asks identifying questions, during the screening interview, appropriate to the responsibilities and qualifications for the volunteer position requested.
- Updates Volunteer Connection, our online volunteer management system, with candidate information.
Interviewers will be asked to complete a minimum of two 2-hour shifts per week.
About American Red Cross - Alaska Region
235 East 8th Avenue, Suite 200, Anchorage, AK 99501, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Far North and Interior Service Center 3501 LathropFairbanks, AK 99701
September 12, 2022
- Human Resources Assistance
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training