DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Volunteer as a Blood Donor Ambassador in Lynchburg, VA
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage
with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to
regular blood donations. Assist donors with re-hydrating after donation and observe for postdonation reactions. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their
* Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and
hand offs through the blood donation process
* Manage donor flow and direct donors to tablet registration
* Model excellent customer service behaviors.
* Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered
appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
* Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
* Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is
recognized for his/her contribution.
* Check if donor was provided post-donation information before leaving the drive
* Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
* Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as
* Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the
best product for maximum impact
* Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
* May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow
up activities as directed
* Variable; preferred commitment: 1+ shift/month, average shift is 5-6 hours
* Must be over the age of 16
* Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
* Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
* Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid
Pass, Donor App.
* Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers * Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven
Length of Appointment
* Preferably 6 months - 1 year, renewable each year
* Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your
* Network and meet new people
* Develop customer service skills that last a lifetime
* Red Cross Volunteer Orientation
* Onboarding with the American Red Cross Biomedical Dept
* Online Blood Drive Volunteer Training in EDGE
* Ongoing training and refresher course
About AMERICAN RED CROSS
2825 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Lynchburg, VA 24501
July 19, 2021
- Customer Service
- Patient Care
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training