7 people are interested
Grant Writer for Improving Public Safety
ORGANIZATION: CARM Safety Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Many wonder what can be done to improve public safety. This is a great opportunity to link people who want to support improvements that result in greater public safety. We need your expertise, insights and skills at crafting grant proposals which encourage others to financially support our non-profit foundation. We are champions for computer-aided risk management (CARM) and strive to educate and inform about the benefits. Ideal candidates are hands-on team players, versatile and appreciate the multi-faceted roles common in start-ups.
Snapshot of What You’ll Do
- Research potential sources of grants by those aligned with benefit of CARM technology
- Prioritize prospects according to established criteria (and new criteria that you propose)
- Enter and monitor prospect engagement tracking data
- Determine concept and approach for grant proposals
- Develop written proposals by crafting new information and assembling information from others
- Typical contents: executive summary, organization credentials/ mission, and description of project that warrants the proposed grant
- Coordinate with contributors via email and phone meetings
- Meet intermediate and final deadlines for information data gathering, draft writing, team review, final approval, and transmittal to prospects
- Prepare presentations to support written proposal; 6-10 slides
- Establish new processes for assuring quality results and efficiency by creating templates, identifying and documenting standards for readability, consistency, and tone
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate template material
- Advise others on approach for scaling resources, engaging vendors and contractors
Who We’re Looking For
You enjoy the challenge of identifying opportunities for strategic alignment and telling the story of why collaboration will advances cause. The proposals you craft are about delivering value to donors and exciting them about the opportunity, the antithesis of a money grab, and it feels great when your words open doors for others. Best for us is someone who is passionate about the critical role that funding plays for a start-up; enabling our organization to grow and do more good for more people. Ideally, you would bring a passion for technology - and are eager to help promote a new range of solutions which improve public safety. Since we are a start-up, its essential that you are open minded and versatile, and thrilled by challenge to accomplish great things in a lean environment.
Your time with CARM Safety Foundation will be inspiring because:
- Achieve challenging goals, create concrete impact for the business that will lead to career advancement opportunities
- Work with inspiring colleagues and in start-up, low overhead culture
- Autonomy and rapid decision making
- Insight into future opportunities as paid contractor, as funding allows
About CARM Safety Foundation
12725 SW Millikan Way, STE 300, Beaverton, OR 97005, US
CARM Safety Foundation serves to educate and support scientific purposes related to computer-aided risk management (CARM), in order to increase public safety.
We operate as a 501c3 non-profit organization. Founded in 2020, we are a start-up working to assure that more technology is applied to make the public safer. CARM is an emerging commercial capability that uses sensors for data gathering and computers to predict threats before tragedy occurs to humans. This concept was pioneered by NASA, and others have embraced this approach, including SpaceX. CARM solutions will apply similar capabilities/technologies towards a much broader goal of improving public safety.
Volunteers are needed to the functional areas of typical companies. The founders of CARM Safety Foundation are veterans of the technology industry, and feel an urgent need to add more capability for keeping people safe at work, school or during other group activities.
In addition to helping in your area of expertise -- or another area where you want to demonstrate more experience and impact -- all volunteers will gain a greater appreciation for a wide range of technology and how that industry grew via scores of inter-corporate collaborations.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you will be a part of saving lives, CARM Safety Foundation would like to work with you.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 31, 2023
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Work hours and time volume set by volunteer. On occasion, attend online meetings at set time. Projects which require any sort of plan should have an end date and intermediate milestones, however time investment up to the volunteer.
- Native English language or fluent written capability.