Donation Pick-Up Coordinator- Johnstown, PA
Are you looking for a fulfilling volunteer opportunity where you play a critical role? This position maintains critical relationships in the community that directly feed people in need.
Objective: To coordinate the pick-up of donated food from various stores to be used in the food programs at the Johnstown Salvation Army located at 576 Vine Street, Johnstown, PA 15901
- Coordinate use of Salvation Army vehicle with Corps Commanding Officer
- Coordinate pick-up logistics with store contacts
- Drive a Salvation Army vehicle to pick up donated food from five different stores three days per week
- Unload donations at Corps
- Assist with meal preparation and food distribution, if desired
- Assist with pick-up of other donations throughout the year, if able
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Positive, friendly attitude in dealing with store contacts
- Must have a valid driver’s license and obtain approval to drive a Salvation Army vehicle
Intake and Training:
- Complete a Statement of Volunteers form
- Complete The Salvation Army’s clearance process, which includes a Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse History Clearance, and child abuse training, if planning to assist with meal preparation and food distribution
- On-the-job training will be provided on the first day of volunteering
Time Commitment: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for approximately 2 hours each day (start any time after 8 AM with arrival back at the Corps by 3 PM so that food can be used in meals served at 4 PM). Days can be split between multiple volunteers.
Supervision: By Commanding Officer Captain Erin Smullen
About The Salvation Army of Western Pennsylvania
700 North Bell Avenue, Carnegie, PA 15106, US
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army's work is greatly enhanced by our volunteers, especially during the holiday season. Your community needs you! Your efforts will provide a true difference in the quality of life of those in need.
Johnstown Salvation Army576 Vine StreetJohnstown, PA 15907
July 19, 2021
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for approximately 2 hours each day (start any time after 8 AM with arrival back at the Corps by 3 PM)