Volunteer UX Manager
The UX manager is a web-based design manager that ensures that our website meets standards for SEO and accessibility. This role will create and oversee its own web team with designers and developers that understand and can evolve our Squarespace presence. Duties include:
- Manage the Knox Pride Squarespace
- Recruit for and oversee web team operations
- Consolidate and refine the content on our web pages to meet standards for SEO, meta descriptions, and accessibility ratings
- Add and adjust content on our site as requested
- Must be at least 18+ years old
- At least 2 years of education or applicable experience in web development and user experience
- Able to operate independently and manage a small creative team
Knox Pride is based in Knoxville, TN, and offers a range of volunteer opportunities from media, finance, to community outreach. We’re always looking for volunteers, and if you want to help serve your community, you’ve come to the right place. Read more about us at www.knoxpride.com.
Remote positions with Knox Pride do not require in-person meetings. Most teams utilize a combination of Slack and Zoom to connect with team members, and local face-to-face meetings are available upon request.
About Knox Pride
PO BOX 30315, KNOXVILLE, TN 37930, US
The East Tennessee Equality Council’s (ETEC) d.b.a. KnoxPride's mission is to provide and conduct educational, cultural, and informational programs supporting the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender community throughout East Tennessee.
Knox Pride is an LGBTQ+ organization that seeks a united future for community members and allies in Knoxville, Tennessee that want to fit in, be equal, and involved in a time of growth and peace. We envision ourselves to unite, respect, and grow towards a better mindset for all. To do this, we work as a team of wonderful board members and committee volunteers.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 18, 2021
- Web Design
- Mobile Programming
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Graphic Design
- 2-4 hours weekly
- Must be at least 18+ years old At least 2 years education or applicable experience in web development and user experience Able to operate independently and manage a small creative team