You can make a difference. We are looking for a self-motivated Legal Assistant to provide a broad spectrum of services and effective case management under the supervision of an attorney. Our office focuses primarily on immigration law.
· Provide administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness
· Assist with communication with clients.
· Conduct documentary research
· Locate and develop case relevant information
· Type up and file basic legal documents and correspondence
· Answer and direct phone calls
· Maintain contact and client files
· Monitor deadlines and coordinate calendars
· A plus - proven working experience as legal assistant or legal secretary
· A plus - familiarity with immigration law, legal procedures and protocols, and court system
· Computer literacy
· Working knowledge or ability to learn MyCase management software
· Excellent secretarial and organizational skills· Ability to juggle multiple activities and work to meet time lines
· Additional training & classes can be provided to possibly earn Accredited Representative status
· Job Type: 25 hours up to Full-time
All clients wear masks, but few clients currently come the office (primarily doing calls or Zoom). All surfaces are sanitized.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About GLOBAL FAMILY LEGAL SERVICES
PO BOX 8001, TUMACACORI, AZ 85640, US
Our mission is to advocate for local and immigrant families in need.
Over the past 17 years, Global Family Legal Services ("GFLS") has provided legal advocacy, counseling and education, for families, religious workers, and immigrants.
Our unfolding vision and dream is to form Global Family Legal Network ("GFLNetwork") which enlists pro bono assistance from retired attorneys, mentors them with legal principles for their cases, and fulfills their desire to represent immigrants in desperate circumstances. Many non-citizens across the United States will benefit. People and organizations will give of themselves and also provide the financial support for GFLNetwork to provide this representation.
Those who feel the calling to dedicate themselves to this mission will become one part of a larger community with many missions - ours being attorneys, legal assistants, and secretaries serving as legal advocates. This global legal mission provides the opportunity to live in community with families who also embrace this vision of service.
Hundreds have been served by GFLS and now by bringing this dream into reality, thousands can be served by GFLNetwork.
10 Will Rogers LaneTubac, AZ 85646
July 17, 2021
- Legal (General)
- Child Advocacy
- Immigration Law
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- 25 hours per week up to full -time
- English and Spanish speaking. May have a second language rather than Spanish.