5 people are interested
Social Media Content Coordinator
5 people are interested
Are you looking for an opportunity to discover personal and professional fulfillment, while aligning your career with your values?
Rare Genomics Institute (RG) is an international non-profit founded in 2011 to provide access to cutting edge genomic research, technologies, physicians, and scientists across the globe. By providing an expert network, RG helps families pursue personalized research projects for diseases not otherwise studied. At RG, volunteers are given the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people with rare diseases by engaging in advocacy, education, and providing philanthropic services such as pro bono genetic sequencing.
We are seeking a creative, innovative, and passionate social media content coordinator with an interest in creating compelling social media content. This position will report to RG’s Social Media Senior Manager and will leverage our existing stakeholders, board members and supporters to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts, and increase our online social following.
- Draft and publish interesting, eye-catching social media content for RG’s Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter pages.
- Develop, implement, and manage a social media strategy to increase RG’s social media followers and online engagement.
- Work with content copywriters and the social media senior manager to ensure the content is informative, appropriate, and appealing.
- Collaborate with the Sponsorship & Giving Coordinator and Website Developments to boost donations to the organization through online fundraisers.
- Measure the success of social media efforts and campaigns by tracking relevant statistics, including growth in followers and engagement.
- Use social media content scheduling tools such as, Canva and Hootesuite, and graphic design tools such as, Piktochart, to create colorful and captivating social media graphics about rare diseases and RG’s philanthropy
- In partnership with the Senior Social Media Manager and VP of Marketing, this position will improve RG’s social media presence and outreach to expand its relationship with the world’s rare disease patients and families.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, marketing, communication, management and/or a related field in human/social service; Applicant can be working towards completion of degree.
- Minimum of one year of social media experience for a company/organization, including but not limited to, social media marketing campaigns, social media content coordinator, social media platform managing, social media strategy for brand awareness & impressions, healthcare or non-profit fundraising, and/or digital media content coordination.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media best practices.
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Passion for helping families with rare diseases preferred
About Rare Genomics Institute
8504 Firestone Blvd., #198, Downey, CA 90241, US
At RG, we are more than just an organization. We are a community dedicated to helping rare disease patients find hope for a cure. We work alongside patients and their families, providing them with the necessary tools, knowledge, and connections so that they can better understand the cause of their disease. We believe that every patient deserves more out of life.
Rare Genomics Institute (RGI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping rare disease
patients find a diagnosis, treatment, and pathway to a cure. Through personalized research
projects, RGI provides access to world leading medical institutions and scientists to conduct
genomic sequencing, coordinates with clinicians and counselors to interpret findings, and offers an
online crowd-funding platform to deliver financial solutions. RGI also supports rare disease
advocacy by fostering an online community of rare disease patients and supporting rare disease
research through a yearly grant competition.
Since being founded in 2011, RGI has completed over 300 genetic sequencing and analysis
projects, assisted patients fund over $3.5 million worth of genomic sequencing, discovered 8
unique genetic mutations in-house, given over $2 million dollars in grants to researchers on rare
disease, and developed an online community with over 10,000 rare disease members.
Through volunteers, RGI is able to slowly push science and health care forward to meet the needs
of patients affected by rare diseases. To learn more about RGI check out our website, like us on
Facebook, and follow us on Twitter!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 17, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- 5-10 hours per week