15 people are interested
Project Manager - Science Team
15 people are interested
The Rare Genomics Institute (RG) is an international non-profit founded in 2011 to fill the health care gap for undiagnosed rare disease patients and support rare disease research. RG advocates for rare disease patients to find a pathway for diagnosis, treatment, and a cure through our network of physicians and scientists across the globe. RG also provides individualized access to cutting edge genomics research through the coordination and execution of genetic sequencing and research services through its affiliates.
It is estimated that 250 million people worldwide suffer from a rare disease so we invite you to join our global community of patients, advocates, and researchers. Work remotely with talented peers and leverage your professional experience to make a difference in the lives of rare disease patients. This position will be suitable for the aspiring candidates aiming to foster real-world skills in project management. The ideal candidate will have an interest in research and therapeutic development.
- Manages projects from initiation to delivery by monitoring progress on tasks, deliverables, and technical output
- Gathers requirements through planning and elicitation to ensure deliverables meet the demands of project stakeholders
- Oversees project communications and operations as the liaison between project management, science leadership, and key stakeholders. Ensures appropriate responses are made when available
- Leads cross functional initiatives to evaluate, develop, and manage projects that ensure deliverables and processes solve essential business problems
- Coordinates and executes ad hoc tasks as assigned by Science Leadership
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Passionate about serving Rare Disease patients
- Bachelors (required), Masters with scientific degree or Project Management training (plus)
- Strong knowledge of Project Management processes and tools
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects efficiently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication to clients, internal staff and the management team
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and initiative when working with others;
- Passion for learning the latest interactive technologies and techniques
- Work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, self-starter environment
About Rare Genomics Institute
8504 Firestone Blvd., #198, Downey, CA 90241, US
At RG, we are more than just an organization. We are a community dedicated to helping rare disease patients find hope for a cure. We work alongside patients and their families, providing them with the necessary tools, knowledge, and connections so that they can better understand the cause of their disease. We believe that every patient deserves more out of life.
Rare Genomics Institute (RGI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping rare disease
patients find a diagnosis, treatment, and pathway to a cure. Through personalized research
projects, RGI provides access to world leading medical institutions and scientists to conduct
genomic sequencing, coordinates with clinicians and counselors to interpret findings, and offers an
online crowd-funding platform to deliver financial solutions. RGI also supports rare disease
advocacy by fostering an online community of rare disease patients and supporting rare disease
research through a yearly grant competition.
Since being founded in 2011, RGI has completed over 300 genetic sequencing and analysis
projects, assisted patients fund over $3.5 million worth of genomic sequencing, discovered 8
unique genetic mutations in-house, given over $2 million dollars in grants to researchers on rare
disease, and developed an online community with over 10,000 rare disease members.
Through volunteers, RGI is able to slowly push science and health care forward to meet the needs
of patients affected by rare diseases. To learn more about RGI check out our website, like us on
Facebook, and follow us on Twitter!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 17, 2021
- Children Medical Services
- Program Management
- 5-10 hours per week