1 person is interested
Help Design a Scholarship Program!
1 person is interested
We are looking for a team to help design, create, and execute a Scholarship Opportunities Program for young women around Denver! Your work will play a great part in helping young women receive scholarships for college, vocational training, leadership opportunities, job placement, and more! In addition to program creation, you will have an opportunity to form partnerships and connections between schools and corporate donors while determining the scholarship application vetting process.
Experience in the educational system and academic writing is a plus! Interns may also apply and receive college credit.
TO APPLY Email Ellen (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and/or LinkedIn and the reason you want to join!
- Help design and create scholarship program opportunities for young women in Denver
- Help formulate and arrange partnerships with schools, corporate donors, and our program
- Help determine the scholarship application vetting process
- Create a program presentation slide deck
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Passion for serving children and youth, and making a difference
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to commit for the entire 6-month planning period
- Well-organized and reliable
- You resonate with our core values (below)
Our Core Values
- Mind, Body, Spirit Connection: Mind-body-spirit means that our wellness comes not just from physical health, but from mental health and spiritual health as well.
- Growth: Knowing we are constantly evolving beings who are resilient to life's challenges, seeing them as opportunities for growth.
- Alignment/Integrity: We match our thoughts, words, feelings, and actions in perfect alignment. We create our lives by design, not by default.
- Imagination: Using our creative thinking to envision new possibilities for our life and the world.
- Compassion: Being warm and understanding toward ourselves and others during suffering and feelings of failure.
- Self-Sufﬁciency: Capability to provide for one’s own needs, through self-advocacy and sustainable foundations.
Please send your email cover letter and resume and/or LinkedIn to Ellen (email@example.com) to be considered for a position.
About GLOBAL ORPHAN PREVENTION
17th Street, Denver, CO 80204, US
We keep mothers and children together through economic opportunity and education. We work to stop the orphan trade and child sex trafficking.
Founded in 2011, we wanted to find a more permanent solution to dismantling for-profit orphan homes in Nepal. During that summer, the founder of Global Orphan Prevention discovered that 85% of children in orphan homes had living parents (UNICEF). Mothers that had been widowed or abandoned were often left with little opportunity for employment and often had to relinquish their children in hopes of providing them a better life in the orphan home. That first summer was spent buying cows and goats to stimulate income generation for such families.
Nowadays, the breath of the organization has extended to working with the Midwifery Society of Nepal providing clean birthing kits and programs in rural villages; thus saving the life of mother or child
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 16, 2021
- Youth Services
- Technical Writing
- Program Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- 3-10 hours per week
- Stay the entire 6-month planning process.