5 people are interested
Queer Social Media Intern
5 people are interested
We're looking for somebody with skills. Celebrating LGBTQ+ identity is our goal. That should interest you and inspire your creativity! You will live in the details and thrive in the big picture too. The role will report to the Program Director who absolutely loves cohesive design (hint, hint). Job Duties
- We'd love to work with you to build creative ideas that reach cool people on Instagram, TikTok, and even LinkedIn.
- Our social is geared towards making LGBTQ+ people feel celebrated, and there's lots of opportunity to grow. We want you to help us distinguish, grow and engage with new queers.
- Your insight and expertise about how our posts perform (and could perform better) is really helpful. You'll be given the keys to our channels, and we would love for you to drive us to increased awareness and even greater impact throughout our community. How cool would that be?
- Currently, we're only active on Instagram. We'd love your help building a plan for other social media channels too. You'd even help us create a content calendar..
- It would be really cool if you've done some things you can show us (have you grown a social media profile to 100k followers? have you designed a Pride campaign?)
- You should be a social media master. You should enjoy spending time on the platforms, participate across the top 5, and be hip to the trends. How do you use social media in your life?
- Professional experience is preferred by not required. We just love working with cool people who want to do cool things!
- Google G Suite (Gmail, Google Drive, Sheets and Docs)
- Proficiency in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube required.
- Proficiency in Pinterest, Tumblr, TikTok, Snapchat preferred.
- Proficiency in Canva (Preferred)
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop (Preferred)
- Proficiency in UNUM, Hootsuite and/or Later (Preferred)
About VIDEOOUT INC.
3630 Marathon Street, Los Angeles, CA 90026, US
We produce LGBTQ+ stories, content and programs that educate and equip the world to advocate for the LGBTQ+ community.
VideoOut started in 2016 as a project to amplify LGBTQ+ voices.
Since then, we’ve recorded over 400 stories told by LGBTQ+ folx living all over the United States.
Moving forward, in addition to recording and sharing LGBTQ+ stories (especially in small towns and rural communities) we are excited to create the first comprehensive educational reference resource by and about the LGBTQ+ community. Based in media literacy and academic research, this resource will feature interactive, multi-media content and answer every question one might have about the LGBTQ+ community.
Here's what ahead for our new initiative, The LGBTQ+ Learning Project:
Phase One: This fall, we'll launch an interactive glossary of LGBTQ+ language and terms to be used as an educational literacy tool. With our partners at OrangeYouGlad, we'll also launch a new website, including a platform for this first phase.
Phase Two: We'll begin building a first-of-its-kind multimedia LGBTQ+ educational resource to provide fact-based context around the lived history and experiences of our community.
We can’t do this without you. Our new slogan is By Us, For All. Join us!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 16, 2021
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training