1 person is interested
AmeriCorps Member - Unidos Program Assistant
1 person is interested
El Centro de la Raza's Business Opportunity Center (BOC) is looking for a 2021-22 AmeriCorps member to serve as Assistant for their 'Unidos' Programs that specialize in courses that build financial literacy, job searching, and technological skills. Utilizing the UnidosUS and COMCAST curriculum, this programming encompass an in-depth training course covering digital literacy, career coaching, and mock interviews. The Assistant will provide digital literacy skills, employment assistance, and supportive services for low-income Latino participants throughout South King County, Washington. The Assistant will also work to strengthen the capacity of the Unidos program to provide bilingual (Spanish/English) trainings on job readiness, financial literacy, technology skill, as well as connecting participants with employment or postsecondary education throughout the year, with the goal of 60 people successfully completing the course.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning for the Unidos and COMCAST Programs Trainings.
- Collaborate with and support program partners.
- Provide job readiness training including but not limited to interviewing and resume creation.
- Provide/create supplemental job readiness training material.
- Select appropriate methods and tools.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and staff regarding student progress and needs.
- Monitor the progress of individual students and adjust teaching strategies accordingly.
- Provide bilingual materials to Spanish speaking participants.
- Provide coaching and support.
- Maintain participants’ files and records including but not limited: physical folders, intakes, and Salesforce.
- Conduct outreach: flyer distribution, posting on social media, direct communication with the participants by phone calls, text messages, emails, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Commitment to mission, respect for the work of our nonprofit partners, commitment to providing exemplary service to our participants.
- Understanding of Microsoft computer software, Google suite, and other technological tools.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- WA Driver License.
2021-11 AmeriCorps placements will begin on September 1. The position is open until filled.
About El Centro de la Raza
2524 16th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144, US
As an organization grounded in the Latino community, our mission is to build unity across all racial and economic sectors, to organize, empower, and defend our most vulnerable and marginalized populations and to bring justice, dignity, equality, and freedom to all the peoples of the world.
Our vision is a world free of oppression based on poverty, racism, sexism, sexual orientation, and discrimination of any kind, that limits equal access to the resources that ensure a healthy and productive life for all peoples and future generations, in peace, love, and harmony.
Bilingual, culturally appropriate, wraparound services that are designed to enable our participants to succeed in their efforts to become self-reliant.
Human and Emergency Services:
"La Cocina Popular" Latino Hot Meal
Congregate & Home Delivered Meals
Senior Nutrition and Wellness
Bebes! Infant Mortality Prevention Program
Comadres Womens Group
Emergency Shelter Vouchers
Provide Tenant/landlord laws information
El Patio low-income Apartments
Advocacy & enrollment for Food Stamps.
Education & Skill Building:
Homeownership Education & Counseling
Financial Literacy Workshops
Home Loan Modification Case Management
Free Legal Clinics (in partnership with SGB Law and LBAW)
Free Tax Preparation (in partnership with UWKC)
Child and Youth Programs:
Jose Marti Child Development Center
Luis Alfonso Velasquez After School Program
Hope for Youth Civil Rights History, Hip Hop & Poetry Classes
Seattle Youth Violence Prevention
College Readiness Program
Parent Involvement in Education
Community Building and Development:
Low-Income and Transitional Housing
Immigration and Civil Rights Advocacy
Juvenile Justice Advocacy
Volunteer and Community Service Programs
Social Justice and Cultural Events
Community Meeting Space
Commercial and Tenant Space
Christmas Tree Sales
2524 16th Avenue SouthSeattle, WA 98144
July 16, 2021
- General Education
- Program Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Full-time (Mon-Fri, 40 hrs/week)
- This is an AmeriCorps position, and all interested applicants will be directed to apply at the AmeriCorps website, and if selected they will be expected to comply with any additional guidelines set by AmeriCorps and Washington Service Corps.