Special Olympics NC - Assistant Coaches - New Hanover County/Wilmington, NC
Do you love sports? Is soccer, softball or T-ball your favorite? Would you like to share your love of sports with our Special Olympic athletes and join our coaching team? We need your help today!
Special Olympics New Hanover County/Wilmington, NC is looking for Assistant Coaches to volunteer in the following sports: soccer, softball and T-ball. If you have the sport knowledge and are at least 18 years of age, we can train you on how to work with Special Olympic athletes.
- Commit to being an Assistant Coach for a full season.
- Must have appropriate sport knowledge and experience playing or coaching.
- Complete online and in-person training to give you the tools to be successful.
- Pass a criminal background screening at no cost to you.
- Commit to volunteering for 1 to 2 hours per week during the sports season.
- Soccer team and soccer skills practices are on Tuesday nights from 6 to 7 pm at MLK Center.
- Softball and T-ball practices are on Wednesday nights from 6 to 7 pm at MLK Center.
Please provide your contact information and we will get in touch to share more information about these essential volunteer opportunities. Thank you for your interest in assisting Special Olympic athletes.
About Special Olympics North Carolina
2200 Gateway Centre Boulevard, Suite 201, Morrisville, NC 27650, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year-round athletic training and sports competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy, and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families and other Special Olympics athletes and the community. We provide opportunities for athletes and volunteers throughout the state of North Carolina. If you'd like to donate to Special Olympics NC please use this link: https://bit.ly/390XlyV
Volunteer-driven, non-profit organization
The MLK Community CenterSoftball fieldWilmington, NC 28401
July 16, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Sports Coaching
- People Skills
- Outdoor Recreation
- Special Needs
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 to 2 hours weekly during the sports season