- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Saint Louis County and Saint Louis City school districts.
The Tutor Facilitator oversees tutoring sessions at the designated library and/or school locations. This position acts as an immediate onsite supervisor for the Student Tutors and tutorees that are in the Tutor Me Program after school program. This position reports directly to the Program Executive Director for daily instructions for any and all problems or situations that are out of your immediate control. This position is only part time only Monday-Friday in the evening from 2pm - 7pm. Closed on major holidays: New Year’s, Martin Luther King, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Be the direct line of communication for the Teachers, Student Tutors, and Parents/Guardians. Speak to all parents/guardians about any discussions to the tutoring sessions. If possible, do not let anyone disturb the actual tutoring sessions.
- Tutor Facilitators must agree to abide by all Smart Kids, Inc.’s Policies, Procedures, Rules, and Regulations (please see company handbook). Also, Tutor Facilitators must attend the two day training orientation before tutoring assignments are assigned.
- You are considered the immediate contact person/onsite manager for the Student Tutors. Answer any and all questions to the best of your ability that they may have. Be there to assist them while the tutoring sessions take place. Try to resolve any issues that may arise or immediately contact the Program Executive Director for any issues that are beyond your control.
- Oversee, manage, and have direct communication with the Student Tutors before and after every tutoring session.
- See to it that the Student Tutor arrives on time. If there should be an emergency, example: if the Student Tutor is late or does not show up for the tutoring session, then it is your responsibility to step in and start the tutoring session on time.
- Report all incidents that occur by reporting it to the Program Executive Director and filling out an Accident Form.
- Be sure that all students leave on time. You are not to leave until the student and Student Tutor has left for the session. If a parent/guardian picking up there child, please take six minutes after tutoring session is over with and then contact the Program Executive Director so that they can proceed with the investigation. Make sure that you fill out a Late Pick Up Form immediately.
- You are responsible for reviewing all logged Community Services Hours for Student Tutors.
- Students agree to abide by all Smart Kids, Inc.’s Policies, Procedures, Rules, and Regulations (please see company handbook). Also, students must attend the two day training sessions that are usually held at Saint Louis University before tutoring assignments are issued.
- Before any tutoring sessions are to start, you will have to attend a manual Training Session that is held at Saint Louis University, complete a meeting with the Chief Executive Officer and the Program Executive Director, and finally do a meet and greet with your Student Tutor that you will managing.
- Be sure to have your Smart Kids, Inc. ID Badge on you at all times, especially on school grounds.
- Sign in to the Principal’s Office or Administration to alert them that you are now on school grounds.
- Report to the designated school thirty minutes before the tutoring sessions are to start. Make sure that the tutoring sessions start on time.
- Remain onsite until the entire tutoring session is complete for that day.
- Previous experience working with children; youth, or in a youth set environment. Also must have prior tutoring and mentoring experience.
- Must have past experience with management, communication with one or more parties, can be detailed orientated.
- Students must have received a grade of "C+" or better in the course(s) they are interested in tutoring in (or comparable courses) and should have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5.
- All Tutor Facilitators must pass a drug test and background check.
- Must be a current college student with 15 hours of college course.
Volunteer & Community Service Hours, Internship, and Work Study Program.
Rèsumès Accepted Until: Continuously
To apply for this position, please download an application via the web at www.smartkidsinc.org. Include your Rèsumè, Cover Letter, and copy of college transcripts. You may only send your information to our Administration Office at 11520 St. Charles Rock Road, Suite 102, Bridgeton, MO 63044.
Copy Right (c) 2021 Smart Kids, Inc.
About SMART KIDS INC
10401 International Drive, Unit 243, SAINT ANN, MO 63074, US
We are committed to increasing the learning capacity of every child by helping them realize their full potential.
Founded in 2013, Smart Kids, Inc. (SKI) provides free after school tutorial and mentoring services, 3 hours a day/ 5 days per week to students in school districts within low-to-moderate income levels areas. SKI is a public 501(c)3 charity that is 100% dedicated to the success of the students that we reach. With the dedication of colleges/universities students, substitute teachers, volunteers, students and their families, our program is able to succeed.
Since 2013, our program has been successful in the: Jennings, University City, and the St. Louis Public School Districts including a long standing partnership with Saint Louis University.
11520 St. Charles Rock Road102Bridgeton, MO 63044
August 25, 2021
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Child Development
- Reading / Writing
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monday - Friday (days vary) 2 pm - 7 pm