2 people are interested
Teach English virtually!
2 people are interested
Volunteer instructors needed for online English conversation classes.
Join the inaugural group of volunteers for an exciting new statewide pilot project offering free ESOL conversation classes to adults with limited English skills.
The Florida Literacy Coalition, in collaboration with adult education programs throughout Florida, will be offering classes using the award-winning We Speak NYC curriculum. The online classes will take place using Zoom during regularly scheduled times throughout the week.
Instructors commit to the following:
1) Leading an intermediate-level distance learning class of up to 20 adult English language learners for one 2-hour class per week for 8 weeks. You will be paired with a co-teacher.
2) Using WSNYC pedagogy with free online materials.
3) Attending two mandatory instructor training sessions on Sept 1 and Sept 2, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm.
4) Participating in three instructor meet-ups during the semester.
Please complete this form if you are interested in volunteering: https://bit.ly/flc-esol-volunteer
A great way to gain teaching experience and make a difference!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Florida Literacy Coalition
235 S. Maitland Ave., Maitland, FL 32751, US
Established in 1985, The Florida Literacy Coalition (FLC) promotes, supports and advocates for the effective delivery of quality adult and family literacy services in the state of Florida.
As a statewide umbrella literacy organization and the host of Florida's State Literacy Resource Center, FLC provides a range of services to support more than 250 adult education, literacy and English language providers throughout Florida. Special emphasis is placed on assisting community-based literacy organizations with their training and program development needs.
Programs and Services
Literacy Promotion and Toll Free Literacy Hotline
Call now to volunteer! We match volunteers with programs throughout the entire state of Florida!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 15, 2021
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- The initial training is 4 hours and there will be 3-4 hours of instructor check-in meetings. You will co-teach one 2 hour class for a minimum of 8 weeks.
- Must be a Florida resident. Teaching experience and/or bilingual English/Spanish skills are a plus.