2 people are interested
Food Rescue Driver - Be Concerned, Erlanger, KY
ORGANIZATION: BE CONCERNED INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Be Concerned, Inc. a nonprofit food pantry in Covington, KY, with a secondary site in Erlanger, is currently seeking an employee to serve the role Food Rescue Driver at Be Concerned, Inc. at our Erlanger location. This is a part-time, unpaid position.
Qualified individuals for this position will exhibit trustworthiness, have the ability to stand for up to 4 hours, have the ability to repeatedly lift up to 75 lbs., bend frequently, maintain a good driving record, pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug test.
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00 am-12:00 pm. The actual hours worked in a single day may vary based on the needs of the pantry, and occasional weekend hours may be required for special events throughout the year.
Reports to: Site Director in Erlanger
- Coordinate Food Rescue pickup route coverage with Site Director, and make the pickups when necessary, including in agency vans and box trucks.
- Assist with stocking the food pantry.
- Record daily cold and dry storage temperatures during food pickups in compliance with local, state, and federal laws. Report any temperature deviations to the Site Director immediately.
- Make food pick-ups/ delivery runs.
- Provide direction to volunteers or other assisting individuals.
- Communicate with vendors and volunteer groups, as needed.
- Complete other duties as determined.
A minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required.
Ability to read and write in a clear manner.
- Calm, organized, patient, diplomatic, flexible and confident demeanor in working with staff.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment, and safety processes used to perform job duties.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding clients and staff information.
- Effective and timely communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to drive box truck.
- Confidence in decision making.
- Ability to work independently and to complete daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal activities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers, clients, internal and external partners.
- Ability to problem solve and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to manage conflict and build healthy working relationships.
Key Performance Indicators
- Understands agency vision/mission and how to achieve agency goals.
- Progression to working independently.
- Ability to complete tasks with little to no supervision.
- Meets USDA and food safety compliance requirements with very limited supervision.
- Proactive regarding ideas, tasks, issues and overall job.
- Maintains a clean and organized pantry, thrift store, restrooms, and lobby.
Working Conditions: Working Hours/Environment
- Work is typically performed indoors, but also with outdoor work receiving donations and when driving the agency vehicles to make food rescue pickups. Transporting food from vehicles to warehouse, unloading trucks and stocking shelves. It is a food warehouse environment.
Tools and Equipment Used
- Agency vehicles, scales, thermometers, walk-in freezers and coolers, reach-in coolers and freezers, electric pallet jacks, manual pallet jacks, broom, mop, cleaning supplies, carts.
- Maintain a clean driving record and ability to be insured. Report all moving violations to Director within 24 hours of occurrence.
Travel Up to 75% of the time rescuing food.
- 08:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
More opportunities with BE CONCERNED INC
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About BE CONCERNED INC
1100 WEST PIKE STREET, COVINGTON, KY 41011, US
Be Concerned is deeply committed to honoring the dignity and humanity of all persons. Its purpose is to assist low-income people of Northern Kentucky in obtaining basic necessities for life.
Be Concerned is a food pantry that helps low-income families in eight Kentucky counties. We are a choice pantry which means our pantry shoppers have the opportunity to choose the food that they prefer to eat or the items that they will use. Giving them a choice supports our commitment to honoring the dignity and humanity of all persons.
525 Graves AvenueErlanger, KY 41018
May 2, 2022
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 12 hours a week