Volunteer Community Educator - Chittenden County
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association
Please visit the new page to apply.
Alzheimer's Association Community Educators (AACEs) are volunteer public speakers who help raise awareness, provide education and expand the reach of Alzheimer's Association programs in the community. AACEs deliver Alzheimer’s Association Core Curriculum using prepared training materials on topics related to Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias as well as information for individuals and families impacted by the disease.KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Communicate effectively and deliver Core Curriculum (Common Programs) presentations and information to the community.
- Adhere to Alzheimer's Association’s established curricula and position statements.
- Work with Alzheimer’s Association staff partners to identify and coordinate education programs that reach target audiences. Coordination includes securing program partner, scheduling, preparing presentations, and managing needed materials.
- Serve as presenter for chapter-scheduled education programs and conferences.
- Connect members of the community with additional Association services by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
- Complete necessary paperwork for reporting.
About Alzheimer's Association
75 Talcott Rd, Suite 40, Williston, VT 05495, US
Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer's disease.
Chittenden County areaBurlington, VT 05401
May 16, 2022
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training