Grant Writing Internship
Grant Writing Internship
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail us with your résumé, a cover letter and a brief writing sample.
Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans (CCANO) is seeking a creative, self-motivated, and detail-orientated intern. This intern will learn skills and implementing strategies to research grant opportunities, organize grant deadlines, develop grant writing strategies/develop and organize conceptual frameworks for each of CCANO’s grant-seeking programs, and apply to grants.
- Drafting, revise and organize documents for grant proposals
- Research grant possibilities
- Assist with the grant submission process
- Assist with maintaining grant deadline calendar
- Create something new: take on one project of your own that helps to advance the company's mission. This is your opportunity to build your professional portfolio and leave your mark on the agency
- Help develop a grant writing strategy
- College Junior or above/Graduate student or recent graduate
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and attention to detail
- Passion for problem-solving
- Interest in data analysis
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
The start and end date will be determined once you have been accepted, but the dates are negotiable. Typically all internships are around 3-4 months and require at least 10 hours of work per week, though a longer commitment is welcomed and encouraged.
This is an unpaid internship, but is a fantastic way to gain experience working in the nonprofit sector. As an alternative, we are glad to give academic credit to those eligible - please let us know when applying if this is something you are interested in. This internship is also eligible for those looking to work remotely.
About Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans
1000 Howard Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70113, US
Impelled by the love and teaching of Jesus Christ, while respecting the dignity and potential of all people, we collaborate to offer life-giving programs, advocate for the voiceless and empower the vulnerable to foster a just society.
Since 1938 Catholic Charities has been offering life-giving programs, advocating for the voiceless and empowering the most vulnerable to foster a more just society. Catholic Charities has over 30 programs and three affiliated ministries in the eight civil parishes of the Archdiocese of New Orleans. Our programs engage and serve members of the community from pre-birth to the elderly but all of them fall under one of the following areas:
- children and families
- domestic violence
- education and young adults
- food and nutrition
- housing and homelessness
- disaster recovery
- immigration/refugee resettlement
- justice and employment
- physical and mental health
- pro-life services
- senior services
If you’re a local resident and are interested volunteering with us, you will be asked to attend a Volunteer Information Session at 1000 Howard Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70113. Please check the website below for the dates we will be holding these sessions and we look forward to seeing you there!
If you’re interested in volunteering and are from out of town please send a message with your group size, and dates/times of availability to email@example.com.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 15, 2021
- Grant Writing / Research
- Critical Thinking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months