2 people are interested
Become an EmpowHer Mentor
2 people are interested
We are seeking women over the age of 21 to mentor in our EmpowHer Girls Academy. Mentoring occurs once a month from October 2021 to June 2022 in middle schools throughout LA County to girls ages 11-13.
Our EmpowHer Girls Academy is fully integrated into the school day as an enrichment class for middle school girls ages 11-13. The Academy is designed to build confidence, soft skills, social justice awareness, and college and career readiness through a robust social-emotional learning (SEL) curriculum and mentorship. Professional women serve as mentors who expose EmpowHer girls to careers in a multitude of industries and build positive relationships. These mentoring relationships result in our girls feeling supported and encouraged to set and achieve personal, academic and career goals.
(We are currently taking our school's lead on whether our program will be in-person or virtual. Please stay-tuned for the solidified schedule).
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Complete Application & Contract
- Pass Live Scan - Background Check
- Submit TB Test
- Must attend one EmpowHer Mentor Training (Saturday Zoom Session)
- Attend 1 hour mentor session, once a month from October 2021 to June 2022
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About EmpowHer Institute
6820 La Tijera Blvd., Suite 108, Los Angeles, CA 90045, US
EmpowHer Institute’s mission is to empower girls and young women in marginalized communities by helping them gain the skills necessary through education, training and mentorship to become confident, college and career ready.
EmpowHer Institute is committed to eradicating the systemic barriers girls of color face. EmpowHer is the only gender-responsive organization in Los Angeles County that provides a social emotional learning course during the school day in middle and high schools. Our programs serve to support girls in developing the necessary skills to boldly break ceilings, embrace their voices, engage in social justice, and end generational cycles of poverty.
Multiple locations Los Angeles, CA 90045
August 16, 2021
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Must attend ONE EmpowHer Mentor Training (2 hour Saturday Zoom Session) and Attend 1 hour mentor session, once a month from October 2021 to June 2022
- Must be 21 years of age or older, Complete Application & Contract, Pass Live Scan - Background Check, Submit TB Test