DONATE TO THIS
12 people are interested
Walk with Seniors for Safety and Companionship!
ORGANIZATION: ACC Senior Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
12 people are interested
In response to the rise in anti-Asian hate crimes, the Sacramento Senior Safety Collaborative offers escort services to seniors who feel unsafe or uncomfortable in public without accompaniment. We are seeking volunteers who have good interpersonal and communication skills, and are comfortable interacting with seniors from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Volunteers will meet participants at a public site or at their homes, and escort them to other public sites within the greater Sacramento area.
- Examples of services include going for a walk, escorting a senior to an appointment, going grocery shopping, etc.
- Volunteers are not to provide transportation services for the participants, nor are they to accept transportation from participants.
- The volunteer can assist in loading bags such as grocery bags into the participant's vehicle, however, physical contact with the participant is strongly discouraged.
- The volunteer will ensure that the participant safely leaves the site.
- The volunteer will contact law enforcement or the Program Coordinator as needed.
Time Commitment of Volunteers
- Volunteers are scheduled on an on-call basis, as this program is dependent on participants requesting a volunteer buddy.
- The program operated Monday through Friday from 9:00am - 2:00pm.
- Volunteers are encouraged to commit to a regular availability schedule, such as:
- Once per week
- Once per month
- Twice per month
- Maximum shift length is not to exceed 2 hours.
Requirements to Volunteer with the Sacramento Senior Safety Collaborative:
- All volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- All volunteers are required to complete a training slideshow and quiz, which covers program policy and provides some guidance for being a good bystander when witnessing harassment.
- All volunteers are required to read and sign the SacSSC Liability Release Waiver.
About ACC Senior Services
7334 Park City Drive, Sacramento, CA 95831, US
Our mission is to promote the general welfare and enhance the quality of life for our community by identifying, developing, and providing culturally sensitive health and social services for older adults. Our vision is to create an array of services to help older adults sustain their independence and lifestyle.
ACC Senior Services (ACC) volunteers provide priceless dedication and support to our organization, and help us make a difference in the lives of seniors and family caregivers. As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to learn new skills, assist with program implementation, and of course - make new friends! The ACC Volunteer Program is made up of a diverse group of individuals such as students, working professionals, homemakers, retirees, and more. The key characteristics that bring our volunteers together within our organization are their friendliness and interest in helping others.
We understand that volunteers need flexibility, so our Volunteer Coordinator will work with you to find a position that best fits your availability, skills, and interests. We invite you to volunteer with us and become a part of our community! If you're interested in becoming an ACC volunteer, please visit the volunteer page on our website to fill out a Volunteer Interest Form.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator.
Multiple locations Sacramento, CA 95831
June 29, 2022
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers are encouraged to commit to a regular schedule, such as once a week, twice a month, or once a month
- COVID-19 Vaccination is required.