Farmers' Market Volunteer Needed
The Homestead Farmers’ Market is an open-air, Connecticut-grown farmers’ market open to the public from June through October. The HFM is located on our main campus at 255 Homestead Ave, Hartford in the upper parking lot. It offers vegetables and fruits culturally relevant to the community, featuring Urban Roots vegetables, as well as produce from local community farmers. La Cocina baked goods are often available, as well.
Date(s)/Time Commitment: Wednesdays, 12-4:30pm. The HFM runs end of June through mid-October.
Volunteer Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Set-up and breakdown assistance
- Help sell produce to customers/clients/staff
- Basic math skills
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Comfortable interacting with public
- Comfortable being outside in various weather conditions (including sun, heat & rain)
Volunteer Requirements: Must be 18 years of age or over and be fully vaccinated.
About Chrysalis Center, Inc.
255 Homestead Avenue, Hartford, CT 06132, US
Chrysalis Center’s mission is to provide supportive services to assist people in need to transform their lives.
Chrysalis Center is a private, non-profit, socially innovative, multiservice organization that serves individuals and their families living in the State of Connecticut. Chrysalis Center helps those living in poverty, veterans, men, women, children, and young adults who are struggling with mental health, addiction, HIV/AIDS, homelessness, and those returning from incarceration. Getting help...Getting better...Giving back.
255 Homestead AvenueHartford, CT 06112
July 14, 2021
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Date(s)/Time Commitment: Wednesdays, 12-4:30pm. The HFM runs end of June through mid-October. There is some flexibility.