Physicians, NPs, or PAs
Hope Clinic provides free medical care to those without insurance in Pamlico County and surrounding communities. Clinic is open almost every Thursday from 4:30pm-8:30pm. We are flexible and you're able to volunteer one evening a month, every other month, or every week... whatever works for you! We are in need of clinical volunteers; pharmacists, nurses, lab techs, and CMAs, but most needed right now are doctors, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners.
What are some special things about volunteering at Hope Clinic as a provider?
- All patients are seen by appointment only, last appointments are scheduled no later than 7:30pm
- Providers (MDs, NPs, & PAs) are usually finished around 8:00-8:30pm (or sooner if needed)
- No HMOs, PPOs, or prior authorizations to deal with... tests or referrals felt necessary by the provider are easily done
- No electronic medical records
- No controlled medications
- Outside referrals are available for many specialties, including cardiac, neurology, endocrinology, behavioral health, counseling services, etc.
- A pharmacist is on site for any medication questions
- Clinic coordination has tracking systems in place to closely follow up with patients seen after clinic night
- Telemedicine working from your home is offered
- Working with pleasant and experienced staff and volunteers
And the very best part....by having the heart of a volunteer, providers not only help give quality health care to those in need in our community, but change and save lives.
About Hope Clinic
203 North Street, P.O. Box 728, Bayboro, NC 28515, US
Hope Clinic provides free healthcare in Pamlico County and surrounding communities for low-income, uninsured adults.
Hope Clinic is a free medical clinic providing basic healthcare to low-income, uninsured adults in Pamlico Community and surrounding communities. Hope Clinic provides free medical care, treatment of chronic diseases, free prescription medications, free dental care, free laboratory and diagnostic testing, free mental health counseling, and referrals to specialists as needed. In many cases we are able to secure treatment by specialists at little or no cost to the patient.
In 2017, Hope Clinic opened its new program, New Beginnings. New Beginnings provides free, comprehensive, outpatient addiction treatment for opioids and alcohol substance use. It is made up of four mandatory components: Suboxone taper to Vivitrol with weekly physician visits, daily support group meetings, therapy, and case management.
More than 160 licensed, medical professional volunteers and non-medical administrative volunteers contribute more than 8,000 hours of labor each year. Clinic operations make use of nine part-time staff, including the Executive Director. Clinics are held every week on Thursdays from 4:30-8:30pm, excluding holidays. Our goal is to improve patients’ health and increase their ability to work and care for their families.
203 North StBayboro, NC 28515
July 14, 2021
- Flexible. We are open once a week for clinic but volunteers are welcome once a week, once a month, once a quarter....whenever they can.
- Current/active NC License