1 person is interested
1 person is interested
We are seeking a maintenance assistant to work alongside our Transitional Specialists at our Community Center as well as with our Maintenance Manager at various properties. This position will help us to extend our resources to better address the ongoing needs of our premises and properties.
- Cleaning and general upkeep of community center, staff offices areas, and housing units for turnover and after major maintenance.
- Deep cleaning of vacated transitional units.
- Yard work at the direction of the Maintenance Manager including clean up and clean out, mowing, trimming and general curb appeal activities.
- Painting for unit turnovers and painting of properties as needed.
- Deep Cleaning of Shore and Bijou as part of the on-going maintenance program.
- Other maintenance tasks, as experience and ability allows.
- Some maintenance experience preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Work in a fun environment.
- Gain professional experience.
- Assist Ithaka’s staff with property upkeep to best serve our residents.
If you are interested in this position, fill out our application and email it to email@example.com. From there we will set up an interview and background check. If accepted into the position, we will provide you with an orientation and all relevant trainings.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
321 MESA RD, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80905, US
At Ithaka, we believe that everyone needs a home. We provide housing for Colorado Spring's most vulnerable residents and believe that relationships are the key to stability and self-sufficiency.
Incorporated in April of 1981, Ithaka owns and maintains properties for the benefit of low-income people. We provide transitional housing and case management for individuals and families who are below the 30% AMI, or those with multiple barriers to stable housing. Also known as Ithaka Land, inc., we hold property "in trust" and "in perpetuity" on behalf of people with limited incomes. Despite our very small staff of 7, we currently house more than 125 residents at two communal houses, two apartment buildings, two four-unit buildings, and fifteen houses.
Ithaka benefits from our two most-valued assets: volunteers who make much of our work possible, and residents who give back to our organization. The number of people we serve remains small, allowing the land trust to maintain personal relationships, and adding a sense of community to our day-to-day operations.
Multiple locations Colorado Springs, CO 80905
September 2, 2021
- Facilities Management
- Home Repair
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-5 hrs per week between 8am and 5pm, Mon-Thu