1 person is interested
Volunteer Office Assistant
1 person is interested
This role offers a rewarding opportunity for you to provide support services to those in the Fond du lac community.
As our office is small. Our goal with this volunteer opportunity is to welcome our clients and help them feel safe and comfortable while they wait for their appointment. Our volunteer receptionists are the face of our office.
This is the perfect opportunity for a compassionate self-motivated individual who is looking to give back.
- Greet clients
- Answer incoming phone calls and provide appropriate information about agency services, take messages, or transfer calls while establishing and maintaining a positive and professional working relationship with clients.
- Receive, sort and forward incoming mail, accept donations
- Coordinate appointment schedules, and maintaining the client database
- Make weekly reminder calls to clients
- Complete special projects or other duties as assigned by agency management
- Act as liaison between staff and clients
Do you have a background in Social Work or another field? We have a variety of areas that we could utilize your skills!
- Comfortable interacting with a diverse set of people with varied life experiences, both on the phone and as walk-in visitors to the office
- Friendly, patient demeanor as well as ability to take accurate messages
- Willing to bring a quiet activity (reading material, craft projects, etc.) if there are slow periods
- Basic experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Prior experience with scheduling systems ideal
- Minimum 2 hours/shift up to 6 hours,
- Shift Availability Monday- Friday
About Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Inc
2021 N 60th St, Milwaukee, WI 53208, US
Catholic Charities serves people of all faiths throughout the ten counties of Southeastern Wisconsin. Our Mission Statement: Inspired by Christ's call to serve, our mission is to provide service to those in need, to advocate for justice and to call upon others to do the same. Our Vision Statement: Our vision is to improve the lives of those we serve, to empower the most vulnerable, and to help reduce poverty through quality, compassionate, and effective human services.
Catholic Charities mission to "provide service to those in need, to advocate for justice and to call upon others to do the same" has been the core of our work since 1920. We measurably improve the lives of the poor in our communities and empower them to reach their full potential. When we accomplish this, lives are transformed and the benefits to the community can be exponential starting by improving the quality of life one person at a time.
With an outpouring of support from the community, we are able to help the poorest among us. We help people of all faiths, ages and cultures improve their ability to be self-sufficient, raise a family in more stable and healthy home, escape violence, cope with emotional and behavioral challenges, and overcome barriers to a better life.
Our Programs and Services:
- Behavioral Health/Counseling
- Outreach & Case Management
- Adoption Services
- Pregnancy Support Services
- Supported Parenting Services
- Adult Day Services
- In-Home Support Services
- Legal Services for Immigrants
- Refugee Resettlement Services
191 South Main StreetFond du Lac, WI 54935
July 13, 2021
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training