Help your local envrionment! Invasive plants removal
Forest Management volunteers help to ensure the longevity of Prescott Farm’s 160-acre property to be used in environmental education. Prescott Farm is committed to engaging people in all ages and stages of life to connect with the natural world through our nature-based preschool, summer camps, and Community Connection Programs. Volunteers will assist when appropriate in executing the Forest Management Plan to ensure long-term health of the land at Prescott Farm.
Current Forest Management volunteers are tackling the invasive plants growing on the property from bittersweet, multiflora rose, and russian olive to garlic mustard and knockweed our volunteers are working project by project to help eradicate these invasives.
Forest Management volunteers currently meet on Saturday morning to spend time working together on removing the invasive plants growing along the rock wall leading up the driveway. Completion of this project will help show all visitors of Prescott Farm that we are dedicated to maintaining a healthy environmental landscape.
About Prescott Farm Environmental Education Center
928 White Oaks Road, Laconia, NH, NH 03246, US
Prescott Farm is dedicated to providing year-round environmental education programs for all ages and a place in the Lakes Region community that encourages curiosity, discovery, fun, and connection to the natural world. Since 1997 we have helped awaken an appreciation for nature and concern for the environment in thousands of program participants with a wide range of programs designed to preserve and pass down knowledge and skills that encourage an understanding of the natural systems that sustain us all and respect for the environment.
Prescott Farm is a designated wildlife viewing area open year-round to the public with over 160 acres of farmland, forests, and pastures including more than 3 miles of woodland, pond, and field trails, gardens, and a Natural PlayScape.
We have 4 main program areas at Prescott Farm
- Community Connections Programs
- variety of programs offered for children, adults, and teens
- Examples include Farm to Table Cooking, Soap-making, and snowshoe yoga
- Fledglings Nature-Based Preschool
- state-licensed, nature-based curriculum for children ages 3-5
- WildQuest Vacation Camps
- state-licensed day camps for children ages 6-12 in February-April
- topics range from wilderness survival, myths, and nature artists
- Naturalist in the Classroom
- our educators spend over 250 hours each school year working directly with students and teachers in local schools to facilitate place-based learning
928 White Oaks RoadLaconia, NH, NH 03246
August 24, 2021
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Science
- Must be at least 18
- Current volunteer groups meet Saturdays at 9:00am. Volunteers are expected to attend at least 2 Saturday sessions per month and give a pre-determined commitment to the project (i.e. 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, etc.).
- All necessary tools will be provided, a short orientation (10 minutes) will be given for all new volunteers at the start of the work session.