Perfect for Jackson Healthcare Students - Holisticare Hospice Volunteer and Internsh
Holisticare Hospice is Looking for Student Volunteers and Interns to assist the patients and families that we serve in their homes or in long term care facilities throughout Middlesex, Monmouth and Ocean Counties in New Jersey!
This opportunity is perfect for students studying in the following fields -
Health Info & Tech Management, Health Care Management, Public Health.
How can you benefit by being a volunteer/intern?
You’ll have an opportunity to spend time providing companionship to our patients and families, shadow the Holisticare Staff, attend at team meeting, assist with medical records and medical data entry, support the administrative staff, work with our bereavement department, assist with patient celebrations/events, and more!
- Build your resumé - volunteer experience shows proof of motivation, commitment, initiative, dependability, and flexibility
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Increase meaning and purpose in your life
- Experience significant opportunities for growth and development
- If you are looking for internship field placement or class-required volunteer hours, this is a great opportunity for you!
Connect one-on-one with patients and their family:
- Visit patients near your school or home, if possible
- Read to patients, engage sensory and emotional memories, assist with life review and activities, give a hand massage
- Contribute to our patients’ quality of life just by being there
We offer you:
- FREE TB test
- Extremely flexible assignments - daytime or evening, weekdays or weekends
- Convenient FREE training that fits your schedule
- Ongoing volunteer education
- Volunteer gatherings
****Please Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Vellus Campbell at 732-731-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!***
About Holisticare Hospice
1268 Route 37 West, Suite 2, Toms River, NJ 08757, US
From its inception, the mission of Holisticare Hospice has been to ensure that end-of-life care envelops the patient, their caregivers, and their families with spiritual and physical comfort. Forgoing curative treatment and opting for a palliative approach allows hospice care to be provided where the patient lives, surrounded by family and friends with the support of experienced healthcare professionals.
Hospice is a type of care and a philosophy of care that focuses on the palliation of a terminally ill patient’s symptoms. These symptoms can be physical, emotional, spiritual or social in nature. Hospice care is provided to people that have a limited life expectancy and choose comfort and relief from pain and other symptoms.
1268 New Jersey 3708527Toms River, NJ 08755
September 24, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers and Interns must have reliable transportation to visit patients at their homes, in long term care facilities, and be comfortable with driving to our Toms River Holisticare Hospice Office.