Senior Companion: Fight Isolation
Location: Private residential homes and non-profit centers.
Purpose and Duties:
- Provide ongoing companionship and support to seniors who may feel isolated or lonely. In addition, provide encouragement to help them remain connected to their communities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accompany clients to social activities and medical appointments (does not include transporting client)
- Assist with activities of daily living and simple chores (excluding personal or medical care)
- Encourage clients to stay active and connected
- Comply with Confidentiality Agreement to protect both parties
- Adhere to program policies and procedures
- Reside in Hillsborough County
- Pass a Level II Background Check
- Ability to listen and provide companionship
- Patience, compassion, and dedication
- Volunteers are expected to serve at least 15 hours per week
- After receiving your completed application, you will be registered for 20-hour Pre-Service Orientation.
- Upon completion of the 20-hour Pre-Service Orientation volunteers are required to complete a 20-hour shadowing training with an experienced volunteer
- Subsequent trainings are provided on a regular basis
- If you are interested in becoming a Senior Companion, please follow the link to our online application: https://seniorsinservice.org/contact/senior-companion/
- OR reach out through the form below.
About Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc.
1306 West Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL 33604, US
Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay provides solutions to community challenges by engaging volunteers aged 55+
Programs Offered Through Seniors in Service:
Foster Grandparent Program (FGP)
- The Foster Grandparent Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into schools and after-school programs to mentor at-risk and special needs children and provide them with one-on-one, individualized attention
Senior Companion Program (SCP)
- The Senior Companion Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into the homes of homebound, elderly clients and provide them with companionship and assistance.
Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- The RSVP Program recruits senior volunteers(55+) to participate more fully in the life of the community through volunteer service. The program matches the considerable wealth of knowledge, skills, and experience of this vital and rapidly growing age group with the addressing of critical needs and unresolved issues in our community.
Operation Veteran Connect
- Provides companionship to veterans, enabling them to live independently. Supports the VA in supporting providing Whole Health support to veterans.
Seniors in Service values diversity. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, ages, gender and/or those with disabilities are encouraged to engage with our organization.
1306 West Sligh AveTampa, FL 33604
July 13, 2021
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Reside in Hillsborough County Pass a Level II Background Check Ability to listen and provide companionship Patience, compassion, and dedication