2 people are interested
Accountant/bookkeeper for small vegan non-profit
2 people are interested
Vegan Leaders is looking for a long-term volunteer partner to help keep our young organization’s books by recording financial transactions from our bank account and generating financial statements. An ideal candidate is a CPA or trained accountant who already has a QuickBooks or similar accounting software license and experience with non-profit bookkeeping. Experience with IRS/State of California non-profit fiscal regulations would be a big plus.
This position would likely only require 2-5 hours of flexible time commitment per month. In 2020, we only had several simple revenue and expense transactions each month. However, we expect to grow in 2021, with a good possibility of hiring our first employees or long-term contractors by end of 2021.
The volunteer would work closely with the Treasurer and President and would have an opportunity to directly present to the Board of Directors if desired.Bookkeeping Duties:
- Review our monthly bank statement and timely and accurately record financial transactions in an accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks).
- Generate basic financial statements quarterly or as needed, with basic analysis.
- Alert Treasurer and/or President of unusual activity, overspend or other matters requiring attention.
- Assist with preparing the annual federal/state filings.
- Provide guidance on accounting, organizational internal controls, and compliance procedures as applicable.
About VEGAN LEADERS
6109 CRAWFORD ST, SAN DIEGO, CA 92120, US
VEGAN LEADERS is a global community for vegans working in corporate (esp. Fortune 500) management and business functions. Our purpose is to a) demonstrate the pro-vegan trend among business leaders, b) provide a peer network for corporate vegan influencers, c) engage members in valuable discussions and initiatives.
The rising trend of vegans in the business world to a large degree mirrors the trend in the overall society (unprecedented public discussion of veganism, unprecedented supply and demand of vegan alternatives, etc.) Additionally, business professionals might particularly be drawn to the vegan lifestyle, and find it highly compatible with their existing driven, informed and responsible lifestyle. This is not a widely discussed or recognized theory but conceptually, many values that define good business leaders (integrity, care, knowledge, innovation, initiative and self-improvement) are the same as the values that underlie the vegan philosophy.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 12, 2021
- Financial Auditing
- Reporting & Dashboards
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- This is a remote position however a US-based location is preferred. The position will report to the Treasurer, with a strong working relationship with the President. Flexible time commitment of 2-5 hours per month is expected, with reasonable set mo
- Accounting credentials and at least 2 years of small non-profit bookkeeping experience. CPA or CMA preferred. Existing accounting software license would be a big plus, along with knowledge of IRS and/or State of California non-profit regulations.