Volunteer Local Chapter Coordinator - Atlanta
ORGANIZATION: Shoebox Project for Women
Please visit the new page to apply.
This rewarding and exciting volunteer leadership role has no fixed address and is a remote opportunity for you to create and manage your own Shoebox chapter within your community right from home!
As a Local Chapter Coordinator for The Shoebox Project for Women, you are the lead Coordinator of the organization’s activities in your community in efforts to support women impacted by homelessness through our holiday Shoebox gift drive.
By creating a fun and supportive environment you will manage and coordinate the efforts of your shelter agencies, community volunteers and donors to ensure a successful Shoebox drive season.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You are an ambassador of The Shoebox Project in your community -Lead the charge and represent with pride!
- Recruit and manage volunteers to assist in various support roles
- Identify and develop a network of shelters and resource centers to partner with
- Community outreach: Reach out to your local community to introduce, inform & educate on The Shoebox Project’s mission & vision and get your community involved in helping to support for your chapter goals
- Manage chapter specific administration
- Manage Chapter email and social media accounts
- Organize corporate and school drives
- Coordinate inspections, storage, transportation and delivery of boxes from drop-off locations to shelters - deliver your Shoeboxes and watch the smiles!
About Shoebox Project for Women
4628 VERNON BLVD SUITE 407, NEW YORK, NY 11101, US
The mission of The Shoebox Project for Women is to foster empathy and compassion at the community level, and to reduce the social isolation and exclusion of local women impacted by homelessness.
The Shoebox Project for Shelters is a 501(c)(3) public charity that collects and distributes gift-filled Shoeboxes to women who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness in communities across the US and Canada and the UK. Each thoughtfully created and decorated Shoebox is filled with items that can help enhance self-esteem and reduce feelings of isolation for women in crisis.
centralAtlanta, GA 30303
March 25, 2022
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: Ability to spend 5-15 hours a week during November and December (varies greatly based on size of gift drive, number of volunteers involved, etc.) Duration: The expectation is for minimum of one drive/year with option for more
- Desire to help women feel seen, supported and cared for, Leadership skills, Communication skills