Seeking Medical and Mental Health Professionals to Support Those Affected By Local Disasters! - VT
Your local American Red Cross office is seeking volunteers in your area to help provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing. In these situations it can often be essential to have volunteers with current medical and mental health certifications and licensure available. Are you a health professional who wants to be on the front lines of Red Cross efforts? Here is what you could do as a Disaster Health Services or Disaster Mental Health Team Member:
- Take requires trainings to be equipped to support families/individuals who have been displace by local emergencies including serve stores, home fires, and more
- Sign up for on-call shifts to be available to respond if needed
- Show the utmost compassion and respect for all clients and maintain client confidentiality
- Consider training to assist with larger scale national disasters in a variety of basic and advanced leadership roles
- Also provide support to our volunteer workforce
In addition to being a caring person we are seeking someone who is passionate about our Red Cross mission, and has an Active and unencumbered licensure as referenced at redcross.org/volunteer. This role can provide you with disaster response experience with a highly respected organization. If you would like to join the team, please sign up at redcross.org/volunteer.
Not the role for you? Check out other available opportunities at redcross.org/volunteer.
About American Red Cross of Northern New England
32 North Prospect, Burlington, VT 05401, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Sleeves Up. Heart Open. All In.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Burlington, VT 05401
September 13, 2021
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Spiritual Healing
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Sign up at redcross.org/ volunteer or follow this direct link to apply now: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&h=231&p=1183371