DONATE TO THIS
24 people are interested
Social Media Coordinator - Instagram (REMOTE)
ORGANIZATION: Dallas Pets Alive!
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
24 people are interested
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR - INSTAGRAM - REMOTE
Making North Texas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, Dallas Pets Alive is a non-profit organization focused on animal welfare and saving pets. DPA needs a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Social Media Coordinator, you will be responsible for implementing DPA’s Social Media strategy on Instagram to help us grow our online presence.
About Dallas Pets Alive : https://dallaspetsalive.org
**TO BE CONSIDERED, please complete our Official Volunteer Application: https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Reports to: Social Media Manager, Social Media/Marketing Director
Works with: Marketing Team, outside social media followers, and other supporters on a regular basis.
- Manage day-to-day publishing for Dallas Pets Alive’s Instagram account; monitor ongoing conversations; and create replies
- Engage with DPA followers, fans, and customers via Instagram
- Respond to all comments/direct messages to address questions or inquiries.
- Generate or curate impactful and on-brand social media content
- Monitor channel for brand mentions and opportunities to insert DPA into relevant conversations
- Locate and share high-quality user-generated content
- Network and build relationships with relevant 3rd party brands and organizations
- Collaborate with internal social, marketing, and creative teams to build out the social support content calendar and conceptualize content ideas to support DPA’s organizational objectives, campaigns, and events.
- Monitor and report on KPIs to marketing team leadership
- Keep abreast of the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Assist in ongoing development of social content strategy
- Report to marketing leadership on social media trends.
- Collaborate with marketing leadership and DPA leadership team on social media strategies for the specified platform.
- work actively on story creating for urgent posts, flexibility to do so during the regular business hours is prefered
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media, particularly Instagram.
- At least 1+ year of experience in social media content creation and management (volunteer or paid)
- Proficiency in graphic design principles, and have experience/familiarity in using Canva, Adobe Photoshop and other design tools.
- Display in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Have excellent writing and communication skills
- Technically savvy, with the ability to quickly pick up and understand new tools and technologies
- Demonstrated winning social customer service techniques; ability to identify potential negative or crisis situations; and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully, expertly, and engagingly on social platforms.
- Have the drive to see projects through from planning and concept development to execution and analysis
- A self-motivator who asks questions and dives in to help out where needed
- Comfortable working independently or collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with a variety of leadership styles.
- Have an understanding of social media metrics, and have the ability to tie them back to broader organizational objectives
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
- Must have flexibility of schedule, including availability on weekends and holidays
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: 4-5 hours per week with flexibility of schedule required
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 PRESTON ROAD, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information. **We don't have a physical location**
*At this time, we do not accept court-ordered service hours nor track community service hours.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 2, 2022
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- 4-5 hours per week with flexibility of schedule required