Help Cats - TNR Program Support Administrator
Cat Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) Support Administrator
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Cat TNR Support Administrator, you'll be responsible for primarily virtual tasks to support our TNR team and Dallas community cats.
To be considered, please be sure to also complete our volunteer application at https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Team: TNR (Trap-Neuter-Return)
Reports to: TNR Director
Works with: Correspondence with DPA TNR team, other DPA volunteers, and members of the community will be required on a regular basis.
- Provide administrative support to TNR Director including tasks such as data entry and invoice reconciliation
- Assist with TNR phone and email inquiries
- Assist in development of "canned" email responses for common TNR inquiries
- Ability to organize and maintain data and files on Google Drive
- Ability to assist in coordination / delivery of supplies and traps to citizens and volunteers as needed
- Communicating with volunteers and other team members as needed
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- HS diploma/equivalent or higher degree of education
- Must be proficient with use of email and have regular phone access
- Google Drive and working with data experience required
- Must be objective and professional at all times
- TNR experience preferred but not required
- Be able to inform citizens of current feral cat / TNR best practices
- Must love animals and be willing to work with cats on a regular basis if needed
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information and learn on how you can become a partner in rescuing animals.
Instagram & Twitter: @dallaspetsalive
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 16, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week