Volunteer Committee Member
We are seeking energetic and outgoing Volunteer Committee Members to lead and oversee the volunteer activities of the Pinellas Chapter Florida Native Plant Society. Committee Members will determine their own schedules and work from their home or office, allocating adequate time to perform the duties of the committee. Committee members will choose a Chairperson to communicate on behalf of the committee with the Board of Directors, and serve on the board if so desired.
Volunteer Committee Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, training, and scheduling volunteers for chapter events and projects, the speaker’s bureau, and board special committees from the membership and interested public.
- Utilizing social media, e-mails, and special events to publicize volunteer opportunities.
- Collecting volunteer contact information, availability and skills, and maintaining a volunteer database.
- Responding to and fulfilling requests from the public and other organizations for speakers or assistance with special projects.
- Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about the organization’s volunteer opportunities, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper orientation and training.
- Keeping records of volunteers' hours and reporting them to FNPS.
- Motivate and reward volunteers through a volunteer appreciation program utilizing tangible rewards (t-shirts, awards, etc.) and an annual volunteer appreciation event.
About FLORIDA NATIVE PLANT SOCIETY INC
P. O. Box 4265, Clearwater, FL 33758, US
The Florida Native Plant Society (FNPS) is a non-profit organization formed in 1980. Its mission is to promote the preservation, conservation, and restoration of the native plants and native plant communities of Florida.
The Pinellas Chapter has over 300 members and is one of the state's largest. We hold monthly meetings and field trips, workshops, special events and volunteer projects. In addition, we award grants to other organizations for projects that support our mission.
The public is welcome to participate in all Pinellas Chapter activities. Consult our program calendar on our website for upcoming events, directions and maps.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 11, 2021
- Social Media / Blogging
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- 2 - 4 hours per month, depending on what tasks are assigned. Volunteers needing community service hours may work additional hours once they have been trained and approved.
- Minors must be enrolled in an established scholarship program.