Blood Drive Volunteer- Davie County, NC
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
Every 2 seconds, someone in the US needs blood and one blood donation can save up to 3 lives. Help and support lives in North Carolina. Volunteer at the blood drives in your community.
- Warmly greet donors and assist with registration in the reception area
- Model excellent customer service behaviors, ensure blood donors have relevant information, and that all questions are answered appropriately
- Assist in the canteen area, manage the cleanliness in reception and hospitality areas, thank donors for their contribution, and alert staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell
- Inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions, make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- 6 hours per month (which is typically 1-2 shifts per month)
- This position is flexible as volunteers can sign up for shifts online that work their schedule!
Interested in volunteering?
- If you are age 18 or older, please apply using the following link for an expedited application process: https://tinyurl.com/BloodDonorAmbassadorVolunteer
- If you are age 16-17, please apply by visiting: redcross.org/volunteer
About American Red Cross
690 Coliseum Dr NW, Winston-Salem, NC 27106, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the American Red Cross to support its mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering. There are many ways you can volunteer in your local community, and we are always looking for people with various backgrounds, talents and skill levels . We have diverse volunteer opportunities in Blood Services, Disaster Services, Service to the Armed Forces, Communications, and Volunteer Services.
The Community of Davie County, NCMocksville, NC 27028
August 11, 2022
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Patient Care
- Donor Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible! 6 hours per month