DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Marketing/Fundraising Coordinator - Board of Directors
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
We are currently looking to add a new director focused on marketing and fundraising on the American, non-profit board.
- Attend regular board meetings and other meetings as required
- Participate actively in board and related committee work honestly and thoughtfully
- Accept additional tasks and projects, completing them thoroughly and on time
- Stay informed about board matters, prepare well for meetings, and review and comment on minutes, reports, and other documents
- Contribute to a positive board work environment
- Participate in fundraising for the organization, working towards personally set goals
- Adhere to all board and organization agreements, rules, and bylaws
- Spread knowledge of the organization to family, friends, and others
- Donor relations (find new donors and engage current ones)
- Grow monthly financial donors
- Grow child sponsorship donors
- Maintenance of donor database
- Increase awareness of organization (in Livingstone, Zambia, Africa, and globally)
- Find new and maintain existing corporate partnerships (CSR)
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Experience in fundraising/fund development and donor relations
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as necessary
- Motivated, self-starter able to work independently within set requirements
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies
- Organized and detail oriented
Good to Know
- We usually meet every two months for board meetings, usually in early afternoon EST (1.5-2 hour meetings is standard). We hope to move to every quarter for meetings.
- We have board members in west to east coast North America, Europe, and Zambia - some flexibility in meeting times is appreciated to accommodate everyone. We almost always meet on Sundays, sometimes Saturdays.
- We communicate using email and Facebook messenger. Our board meetings use Facebook group calls (audio only).
- We are a small, but mighty team all dedicated to the growth of the organization. There is lots of opportunity to take on projects that will allow you to grow your skills, experience, and personal goals while contributing to the organization’s goals.
- As we are a growing organization, we expect our board members to participate in fundraising and awareness campaigns.
Please send your resume and completed application form to email@example.com by July 31, 2021 at 8:00 PM (EST). Please note in the subject line what position you are applying to. Application forms are available on our website at fhcizambia.org/contact-us
About Free Haven Community Initiative
PO BOX 118, NORTH EAST, MD 21901, US
To empower vulnerable families in Zambia to break the cycle of poverty by providing them with education, nutrition, health services and empowerment programs.
Free Haven Community Initiative, Inc (FHCI) is a registered Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) located in Livingstone, Zambia that has four main areas focus: Education, Nutrition, Health, and Empowerment. In order for the Zambian NGO to be successful, a non-profit organization called Free Haven Community Initiative, Inc. was formed in America to assist its Zambian counterpart. By organizing fundraisers, processing donations, and handling marketing strategies, this partnership makes it possible for the Zambian-based NGO to carry out its day to day functions and focus on its primary goals. The American non-profit is run by a board of directors. The people on this board volunteer their time to make the aforementioned tasks possible. In addition to the American team, the Zambian-based NGO has its own board of directors to manage the organization’s projects in Zambia.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 13, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging