Seeking a Piano Tuner!
ORGANIZATION: Bowery Residents' Committee, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
BRC Fulton House is a Brooklyn-based, 48 bed, transitional housing program targeting formerly homeless clients who are either mentally ill or dually diagnosed as mentally ill and chemically addicted. The mission is to provide a safe and supportive environment where residents take part in rehabilitation interventions that will assist them in the attainment of their work, social, and community living goals. A variety of services are available, including case management, substance abuse groups, medication monitoring, daily skills training, and recreational activities.
This specific BRC location proudly has a piano, however, it is in desperate need of a tune-up. In order to allow our residents to enjoy playing a few tunes and listen to live music, we hope to find a talented piano tuner that is willing to put her/his skill to work. Share your passion for piano music!
Please note, due to the current pandemic, all in-person volunteers will be asked for the following:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to your assignment
- Proof of your booster if you have met the time frame that would allow you to receive one:
- If you received the single dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine you are eligible for the booster after 2 months
- If you received the two-dose Pfizer vaccine, you are eligible for the booster 5 months after receiving your second dose
- If you received the two-dose Moderna vaccine, you are eligible for the booster 5 months after receiving your second dose
- Temperature check upon arrival for your shift
- Masks must be worn at all times when onsite
- Regular, ongoing hand-washing during your shift
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed
If you are interested in lending a hand with this effort, please reach out for more details.
Please note: Any/all potential volunteers must complete a New Volunteer Registration form, which can be found at the following link: http://www.brc.org/volunteer-registration . Once received, you will then be sent an invitation to participate in an orientation via Zoom.
About Bowery Residents' Committee, Inc.
131 West 25th Street, 12th floor, New York, NY 10001, US
Helping people reclaim lives lost: We restore hope and dignity by offering opportunities for health and self-sufficiency.
BRC: Helping People to Reclaim Lives Lost. BRC is a leading provider of housing and services to thousands of New York City's individuals in need. Offering a hand-up, not a handout, BRC asks one simple question: What can we do for you? BRC sees the potential in each individual it serves and provides each the opportunity to find it. Whatever our clients may seek, BRC has it, 24/7/365: outreach to homeless people living in public spaces, drug treatment, mental health care, comprehensive medical services, vocational services, and supportive communities in which to live. BRC succeeds by building trust with the people we serve; listening, and then acting, providing housing - both temporary and permanent. Building trust takes time, and a compassionate, dedicated staff of almost 1,000 employees and 1,000+ volunteers that persevere 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year, never giving up.
BRC Fulton House2570 Fulton StreetBrooklyn, NY 11207
September 6, 2022
- Keyboard Instrument
- Must be at least 18
- To be honest, we are not 100% sure how long a professional tune-up would take. It's entirely up to you!
- Professional piano tuning