12 people are interested
Volunteer Position: Administrative Assistant to Director of Operations
12 people are interested
Do you want to make a difference for our planet and get hands-on work experience at an international conservation NGO? Rainforest Partnership (RP) is a non-profit organization based in Austin, Texas, with team members in the US, Peru, Ecuador, and Mexico. We conserve and restore tropical rainforests by working with communities to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature.
Rainforest Partnership is looking for an Administrative Assistant to support our Director of Operations.
The ideal candidate will share in Rainforest Partnership’s core values, which include:
- Entrepreneurial : resourceful, innovative, and action oriented.
- Efficient : organized and process/procedure driven.
- Empathetic : respect and understanding toward other’s perspectives
- Authentic : genuine and self-aware.
- Positive : focused on moving us toward desired results.
- Provide information and assistance to the Director of Operations in various activities like
- Providing general administrative support
- Retrieving corporate records, documents and reports
- Managing tasks on Monday.com
- Managing phone calls and correspondence
- Keeping databases in check and updating them regularly, organizing files
- Reorganizing and assessing our Google Drive and Dropbox structure
- Assisting with volunteer recruiting and on-boarding
- Coordinate and lead teams and delegate assignments as needed
- Report to the CEO in providing status for top level organizational performance assessment, key decision making, board meetings and other purposes as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write in engaging, efficient and receiver-oriented way
- Enjoys researching and data analysis
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Acute attention to detail with a commitment to quality
- Understanding of the importance of discretion and confidentiality
- Resourcefulness and creativity
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Suite
What you will get from this opportunity:
- An ability to work in a growing international NGO with a unique working model
- Gain knowledge about developing and deploying organizational strategy, non-profit/corporate collaborations, branding, and more.
- Experience and exposure in International Development
- Work in a fun, high energy, positive, collaborative and diverse work environment
About Rainforest Partnership
P.O. Box 49268, Austin, TX 78765, US
Rainforest Partnership is an international nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas. Our mission is to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature. We envision thriving tropical rainforests that support a healthy, vibrant planet.
Our central objectives are to:
- Protect tropical rainforests and mitigate local drivers of deforestation by making it more profitable for the rainforest communities to keep the forests standing;
- Improve local livelihoods by helping communities establish and manage economically and ecologically sustainable businesses that flourish long after our work with the community is over;
- Make community members key players in the protection and monitoring of the forests where they live;
- Achieve added beneficial objectives alongside the key goal of rainforest protection including biodiversity conservation and climate change mitigation and;
- Create enduring, replicable models in regions where we work and beyond.
We are currently working with communities in the Amazon rainforest region in Peru and Ecuador, developing businesses specific to each project area, including biodiversity potential; land management practices, socio-economic conditions; cultural diversity etc.
We believe the time we invest to establish trust with partner communities, identify appropriate businesses, and form strategic partnerships are the building blocks for our project success. Each of our projects become an important site for understanding the synergy between environmentally sustainable economic development and rainforest conservation.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 9, 2021
- Executive Admin
- IT Management
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Basic Computer Skills
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hrs/week