1 person is interested
Help us Project Manage urgent translations!
1 person is interested
JOIN OUR TEAM SUPPORTING LANGUAGE ACCESS & JUSTICE
Respond Crisis Translation is a global network of over 2000 translators, interpreters and languages activists who provide compassionate, trauma-informed interpretation and translation services for migrants, refugees, and anyone experiencing language barriers.
We're looking for a couple of volunteers to be Assistant Project Managers. We have a large team of other volunteers who help with this role, on different language teams, and we have a very supportive community of volunteers as well who to the translations. Ideally, you'd be able to assist us with our language programs with few requests and volunteers - and very cool languages! (for example, Somali, Hmong, Amharic, Bangla, Tibetan, Guarani, Quechua -- you do not need to speak these languages)
- Assist with the execution of translation projects for asylum cases and coordinating the corresponding team of translators.
- This will include working with Google Drive, Sheets, Docs; emailing volunteers to assign projects; coordinating projects with other Language Project Managers; sometimes formatting documents, which sometimes means going from Word to Pdf or images
- This role requires being very organized, timely, and proactive vs. reactive. It can be fast-paced at times.
- This role probably requires a more consistent time commitment ~ 5-10 hrs/ week, though it may be more or less depending on the week. To be discussed with the others on the team to make sure you are able to balance mental health, emotional health, and your regular life!
We ask for some experience project managing, though you should also apply if you are a fast learner and interesting in exploring this skill. If you are the kind of person who is good at triaging your email (and maybe even use labels or other productivity tools to stay on top of projects that come in at various paces), this may be for you!
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A general description of your professional experience and/or CV
- A few sentences about why you are interested in this particular role
- What you would like your commitment with Respond to look like, and why
- Which language(s) are your native languages and what is your experience with the other languages you speak / write / translate.
- If you’ve volunteered with Respond before and in which program
About Respond Crisis Translation
1600 AMPHITHEATRE PKWY, MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA 94043, US
Respond Crisis Translation is a network of volunteer translators providing compassionate, effective, and trauma-informed interpretation and translation services for migrants, refugees, and anyone experiencing language barriers.
Respond Crisis Translation values language democracy and believe in the right to equality of access and services for people of any and all nationalities, origins, and native languages. We provide translation and interpretation support for over 50 NGOs, human rights groups and lawyers, and nonprofits that provide pro bono support to refugees and asylum seekers. We support over 50 languages and have over 700 volunteers around the world.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 8, 2021
- Project Management
- This role probably requires a more consistent time commitment ~ 5-10 hrs/ week, though it may be more or less depending on the week. To be discussed with the others on the team to make sure you are able to balance mental health, emotional health, and