DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Social Media Coordinator
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Dallas Furniture Bank is a nonprofit based in Dallas, Texas providing gently used and new furniture to individuals and families transitioning from homelessness or households in crisis, resulting in increased chances for self-sufficiency, higher levels of self-esteem, and long-term stability. We also operate a retail outlet that 100% supports our mission to furnish hope to families in need.
This is a volunteer role. Dallas Furniture Bank is seeking an individual to volunteer as Social Media Coordinator for the organization. In this role, the primary responsibility is to manage and grow the social media presence of Dallas Furniture Bank. The Social Media Coordinator will develop social media strategies and content and maintain our online presence on five social media platforms.
- Help create and maintain a social media strategy
- Create and manage social media calendar
- Manage Social Media marketing campaigns and posts and responding to followers.
- Develop relevant content to reach and engage with organization’s target markets
- Develop and manage content for our website and social media, such as Facebook, Twitter Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat
- Track the effectiveness of our social media work and recommend ways forward.
- Professional experience in Digital Marketing/Social media management a plus
- Experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, SnapChat
- Professional experience in Google Analytics strongly preferred
- Proficient using multi-social posting programs such as Hootsuite and HubSpot
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and internet ranking for web content
- Relevant experience determining a target audience and how to cater unique marketing campaigns to capture their attention
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and how to effortlessly utilize these concepts throughout various forms of outreach
- High energy, self-starter, highly motivated with high degree of flexibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Knowledge of non-profit marketing a plus
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About DALLAS FURNITURE BANK
1417 UPFIELD DR STE 104, CARROLLTON, TX 75006, US
Dallas Furniture Bank provides furniture to families and individuals transitioning out of homelessness or otherwise in need of basic household furniture; restoring normalcy and independence.
Dallas Furniture Bank’s program fills the missing gap in the continuum of care for transitional homeless and low-income families. Though many of our agency partners provide housing for those in need, the resource of furniture is not provided to approximately 90% of these families. At Dallas Furniture Bank, we believe that living spaces should be filled. Furniture not only fills a house with practical comfort, but also instills a sense of hope and dignity. DFB collects basic household furniture from private households and businesses and stores them in a warehouse for future distribution. Simply put, we coordinate the transfer of unwanted, gently used furniture from people that wish to dispose of it, to those who desperately need it. Our mission is good for the environment, the economy, and, most importantly, people in need.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 8, 2021
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- 12 - 15 hours a week
- Please share your Facebook, Instagram and other social media handles for review. Thank you!