Fundraising Committee Members
The Fundraising Committee is a standing committee with goals of raising funds to insure the financial viability and stability of the organization. Membership of the Fundraising Committee is reviewed by the President. The Fundraising Committee Chair, Committee Members and the Executive Director will work together to determine committee needs and will brainstorm new and potential committee members.
Fundraising Committee Chair Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for the committee
- Facilitate communication and discussion during the meetings
- Serve as spokesperson within the organization for the committee
- Facilitate the meeting according to the agenda
- Create the agenda in partnership with staff support
- Provide research as needed for the committee
- Send out meeting reminders and agendas
- Take minutes during the meeting and create the monthly Board report
- Stay in regular communication with the Executive Director
- Bring the viewpoint of the Board of Directors to the committee discussion
- Bring action items and recommendations from the Committee to the Executive Director when necessary.
- Report Board decision back to the committee.
Committee Members Expectations:
- Find, create, and implement fundraising opportunities throughout the County and the Region that help to spread the message and mission of The M.E.E. Hub, Inc.
- The Fundraising Committee will provide written reports to the full Board of Directors of any actions taken, meetings held or discussions that have occurred.
- With support from staff, annually submit objectives and a work plan for the committee as part of the planning and budgeting process.
- With support from staff, annually evaluate its work as a committee and the objectives it has committed itself to and report on same to the Executive Director.
- Annually, the Fundraising Committee will review the committee charter, committee work plan and committee membership. Any members who have not attended regular meetings or documented activities to promote the committee’s objectives for a period of 6 consecutive months will be removed from the membership list.
- The committee will meet at least 6 times each year either in person or via conference call.
Committee Members Responsibilities:
- Serves in an advisory role to guide the committee
- Expresses ideas and provides input
- Actively participates in meetings, contributing to the discussion, brainstorming and sharing innovative ideas
- Review material and provide input for improvement
- Serves as internal/external linkages for The M.E.E. Hub, Inc. to open doors to further the organization’s mission and vision.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the committee work plan
Time Commitment for Committee Members
- Committee members should anticipate being available an average of 2‐5 hours per month.
About The M.E.E Hub Inc.
2853 SOUTHAMPTON WAY, APT A, ROUND ROCK, TX 78664, US
The mission of the M.E.E. Hub, Inc., is to empower, educate, and connect minority entrepreneurs and small business owners with key players throughout the ecosystem to bridge the gap in access to capital, resources, and knowledge.
Founded in the midst of the pandemic, the need for more support of minority businesses and entrepreneurs is apparent as many have been forced to leave the market citing the lack of resources available to support their missions. The M.E.E. Hub stands to fill the gap, with low-cost means of entry to the small business sector and exposure to opportunities for entrepreneurial firm creation. By giving these underserved and often underrepresented populations access to affordable co-working spaces, designated office space, meeting and conference rooms, and programs and services, the M.E.E. Hub is focused on building and strengthening the entrepreneurship ecosystem and improving the conditions of the communities where the businesses operate.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 8, 2021
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Data Entry
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hours per month