6 people are interested
Business Advisory Committee Member
6 people are interested
Purpose: The Advisory Council (or Business Advisory Committee) serves as a critical community champion of The M.E.E. Hub, Inc. Members of the Advisory Council share their gifts in service to our mission by providing our organization with their professional expertise; their diverse knowledge of constituent perspectives; their connections to local, national or international resources, colleagues or peers; their philanthropic support or other forms of needed assistance. The Advisory Council has no governing function within the organization.
Reasons for creating this Advisory Council:
- Provides a means for involving people who are willing to give critical assistance but have limited time.
- Provides a means for involving people who would have been good candidates for the board of directors, but who are unable to serve right now.
- Provides a way to keep critical supporters connected to this organization and the people it serves.
- Creates a direct link to important professional and technical expertise.
- Energizes Advisors as ambassadors for the organization in the community.
- Recognizes individuals for their distinguished service.
- Assists in efforts to increase philanthropic support.
- Elected by the board of directors.
- Up to three, two-year terms.
A minimum of ___7_ to a maximum of __9_ slots
Expectations and duties Advisory Business Committee Members:
- Open invitation to attend board meetings, but in nonvoting capacity
- Could have an ex-officio position dedicated to a particular institution (e.g., president of a civic club or university) or even government officials (e.g. Two Senators, Governor, Mayor) Expectations:
- Act annually in some significant way to support the organization’s mission (e.g., expert advice, door opening, funding, or fundraising).
- Allow the organization to publicize their name and participation on the Council, list name on letterhead and other communications.
- Attend events such as the annual meeting and special gatherings.
- Keep informed about plans, activities and needs of the organization.
About The M.E.E Hub Inc.
2853 SOUTHAMPTON WAY, APT A, ROUND ROCK, TX 78664, US
The mission of the M.E.E. Hub, Inc., is to empower, educate, and connect minority entrepreneurs and small business owners with key players throughout the ecosystem to bridge the gap in access to capital, resources, and knowledge.
Founded in the midst of the pandemic, the need for more support of minority businesses and entrepreneurs is apparent as many have been forced to leave the market citing the lack of resources available to support their missions. The M.E.E. Hub stands to fill the gap, with low-cost means of entry to the small business sector and exposure to opportunities for entrepreneurial firm creation. By giving these underserved and often underrepresented populations access to affordable co-working spaces, designated office space, meeting and conference rooms, and programs and services, the M.E.E. Hub is focused on building and strengthening the entrepreneurship ecosystem and improving the conditions of the communities where the businesses operate.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 8, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Market Research
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Must be at least 16
- 5 to 10