7 people are interested
Holisticare Hospice Health Administrative/Public Health Internship Program! In Person Only!
7 people are interested
Holisticare Hospice is Looking for Health Administrative and Public Health Interns to assist the administrative and field staff that we serve in their homes or in long term care facilities throughout Middlesex, Monmouth and Ocean Counties in New Jersey!
This opportunity is perfect for students studying in the following fields -
Health Info & Tech Management, Health Care Management, and Public Health.
How can you benefit by being a volunteer/intern?
You’ll have an opportunity to spend time providing socialization and companionship to our patients and families, shadow the Holisticare Staff, attend at team meeting, assist with medical records and medical data entry, support the administrative staff, work with our bereavement department, assist with patient celebrations/events, and more!
- Build your resumé - volunteer/interning experience shows proof of motivation, commitment, initiative, dependability, and flexibility
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Increase meaning and purpose in your life
- Experience significant opportunities for growth and development
- If you are looking for internship field placement or class-required volunteer hours, this is a great opportunity for you!
Connect one-on-one with patients and their family:
- Visit patients near your home or college (if possible).
- Read to patients, engage sensory and emotional memories, assist with life review and activities, give a hand massage
- Contribute to our patients’ quality of life just by being there
We offer you:
- FREE TB test
- Extremely flexible assignments - daytime or evening, weekdays or weekends
- Convenient FREE training that fits your schedule
- Ongoing volunteer education
- Volunteer gatherings
****Please Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Vellus Campbell at 732-731-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!***
09:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Interns can assist in our Toms River office staff anytime between 9am and 4 pm, Monday - Friday.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Holisticare Hospice
1268 Route 37 West, Suite 2, Toms River, NJ 08757, US
From its inception, the mission of Holisticare Hospice has been to ensure that end-of-life care envelops the patient, their caregivers, and their families with spiritual and physical comfort. Forgoing curative treatment and opting for a palliative approach allows hospice care to be provided where the patient lives, surrounded by family and friends with the support of experienced healthcare professionals.
Hospice is a type of care and a philosophy of care that focuses on the palliation of a terminally ill patient’s symptoms. These symptoms can be physical, emotional, spiritual or social in nature. Hospice care is provided to people that have a limited life expectancy and choose comfort and relief from pain and other symptoms.
1268 Route 37 WestToms River, NJ 08757
October 28, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Interns must be COVID 19 Vaccinated and have reliable transportation to visit patients at their homes, in long term care facilities, and to the Toms River Holisticare Hospice Office.