Director of Development
We are looking for industry experts who want to give back to their community in an executive capacity by volunteering to be among the first Board Members of The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative. You should be motivated and willing to commit 5+ hours per week for at least three years to this new non-profit.
By joining our select group of diverse, skilled, and committed board members you will help us continue to lay the foundation of SJEI and work to champion social and environmental justice, through our mission by bridging resources with innovation to engineer solutions that target the meaningful involvement of people for the common good.
Fundraising + Grants Director:
We are looking for individuals with past experience working with small and/or large non-profits in the Social Justice, Environmental Justice, or Engineering industries. A proven background in development, fundraising and grants leadership in a similar volunteer or professional role is necessary.
As a volunteer Director of Development you will work directly with the Board of Directors to develop, implement, and manage all program activities to ensure our projects are administered in a manner that supports our mission.
The Director sits on the Board of Directors with voting rights. The Director will also participate in SJEI's Initiative of 100% Board Giving and other Board member fundraising expectations and strategic planning initiatives. SJEI Board members are champions of SJEI.
Board Member General Responsibilities may include some of the following in addition to specific role:
- The board evaluates itself and the organization, ensures financial and program accountability and transparency, includes ---reviews effectiveness of programs; mandates needs assessment of constituency every few years, sets meeting agendas, creates necessary committees, keeps minutes, and recruits effective members.
- Creates the mission and vision, sets goals and objectives, develops a strategic plan and fashions organizational procedures)
Oversee use of resources
- Ensures sufficient funds are raised (includes marketing and public relations) and spent appropriately.
- Conflicts, insurance, file required papers and act as a trustee/fiduciary; creates and abides by the bylaws.
Evolving Role of the Board Members
- Governance (oversight of operations, including financial accountability)
- Support (fundraising, public relations and providing individual expertise)
About The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
2 North Central Avenue, Suite 1800, Phoenix, AZ 85004, US
Our organization seeks to research, develop, and implement engineering practices, designs, products, and methods that promote social and environmental justice and overall sustainability. Further, we strive to educate, advocate, plan and engineer the future development of our cities, towns, neighborhoods, farms - our planet.
The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative is a conscious engineering, social justice, and environmental justice organization that seeks to implement sustainable engineering practices, designs, and developments that adhere to social and environmental justice.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 15, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 to 10 hours per week with the ability to remotely attend our board meetings which are held the last Wednesday evening of each month.