Information and Planning Team Member- Lancaster County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
The purpose of this position is to perform Information Planning readiness and capacity building activities needed to enable effective service delivery (in a disaster response).
Information and Planning is responsible for gathering assessment and operational data required for effective management of a response, including information about the scope of the disaster and the effectiveness of the response. The data compiled by Information and Planning supports reports to donors about the effective use of the resources they have provided to the Red Cross.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Information Planning program including:
1) Planning activities including Analysis and Planning, Disaster Assessment, Financial and Statistical Information, and Information Dissemination.
2) Management and use information management technology platforms for Disaster Response and Recovery (DSARS, RCView, etc.)
3) Providing operational planning support in both Blue Sky and Gray to events
* follow and implement requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
* adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
* build effective relationships with others who can help with work related goals.
* be sensitive in human interactions to diversity inclusiveness.
* work toward service associate position in at least one Mass Care activity
To get started as a Red Cross volunteer, please visit: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=43393&h=193&p=1899125
About American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
701 Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19601, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas:
Supporting America's Military Families
Collect lifesaving blood
Health and Safety
Multiple locations Lancaster, PA 17603
October 3, 2022
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- volunteers must be vaccinated or wear a mask