Disaster Preparedness Team Member- Perry County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Preparedness Division provides appropriate preparedness programming within a community to assist community members to prepare for home fires and other disasters.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved to implement the preparedness program including:
- Support the annual preparedness goals, RDO objectives, and regional/ chapter plan for preparedness programming through participation in meetings, projects, and local preparedness activities;
- Execute assigned projects and local preparedness activities according to the activities you are trained in: Home Fire Campaign, The Pillowcase Project, or Community Preparedness Education Programs; and
- Complete tasks such as implementing preparedness activities, meeting with partners to build relationships, conducting inventory, and procuring or receiving necessary preparedness supplies.
- follow directions and implement requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision;
- adapt to change, negotiate compromise, and tolerate ambiguity;
- build effective relationships with others who can help with work related goals; and
- be sensitive in human interactions to diversity inclusiveness.
To get started as a Red Cross volunteer, please visit: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=43393&h=193&p=1899125
About American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
701 Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19601, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas:
Supporting America's Military Families
Collect lifesaving blood
Health and Safety
Multiple locations Duncannon, PA 17020
November 21, 2023
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- volunteers must be vaccinated or wear a mask