Food Distribution Volunteer Needed in Berkeley (Helios Corner)
ORGANIZATION: Satellite Affordable Housing Associates
Please visit the new page to apply.
Since Shelter-In-Place Order happened in March, we expanded the food distribution at our sites and begun to provide consistent food deliveries to sites that do not normally receive food. In our current operation, we’ve expanded to serving over 1500 households, distributing over 3000 bags of groceries each month. In June, we began to incorporate volunteers into supporting our food distribution effort.
Food Distribution Volunteer
SAHA is currently seeking a Food Distribution Volunteer to assist with our on-site food distribution program. The Food Distribution Volunteer works closely with SAHA’s staff and other volunteers to help sort donations from the Berkeley Food Network and distribute bagged food to our resident’s door. Volunteers must commit to following SAHA's Safety & Social Distancing Protocols.
- Help load donated food from the Berkeley Food Network to SAHA Van
- Sort, bag, and deliver food to residents’ doors at Stuart Pratt Manor and Sacramento Senior Homes
- Disinfect work station before and after each shift
- Light janitorial tasks at the end of each shift as needed
Abilities and Attributes:
- Commitment to following food safety guidelines.
- Reliability, punctuality, accountability.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
Time Requirement and Schedule:
- Total time requirement: Volunteers must commit to a 3-hour shift every 1st & 3rd Friday of the month, for a minimum of 2 months.
How to Apply:
08:30 AM to 11:30 AM
Every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Satellite Affordable Housing Associates
1835 Alcatraz Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94703, US
Our Mission: SAHA provides quality affordable homes and services that empower people and strengthen neighborhoods. Our Values: We believe that: Every person needs a home. We commit to communities for the long term. Services in housing best support our residents and empower people to thrive. High quality design inspires people and builds community. Green building and practices lead to a healthy, sustainable society. Innovation and thoughtful risk-taking are part of how we pursue excellence. Financial health and sustainability are essential to the endurance of our mission and impact. Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our work. Our workplace reflects the same values we bring to our homes.
The purpose of the SAHA's Volunteer Program is to improve the quality of living and promote health and well-being for Satellite Housing's residents. Volunteers will help foster community by facilitating activities for the residents, such as exercise groups, art classes, discussion groups, providing health and wellness information, leading or participating in games, assisting with special events, etc. The residents really appreciate the effort that is put forth by the volunteers, and look forward to the weekly interactions.
1531 University AvenueBerkeley, CA 94703
April 14, 2022
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers must commit to a 3-hour shift every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month, for a minimum of 2 months.
- 15min Zoom orientation; sign Volunteer Agreement; sign Volunteer Safety and Social Distancing Protocol.