Walk to End Alzheimer's Committee Member
Are you passionate about putting an end to Alzheimer’s disease?Do you want to get more involved with the Alzheimer’s Association and the Walk to End Alzheimer’s? Then we need you! In order to grow the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, we must continue to enlist and empower more volunteers to help us extend our reach.
The Dane County Walk to End Alzheimer's will take place on Sunday, October 3, 2021 in Madison, WI and we are looking for volunteers to join our Planning Committee.
Committee members help plan the Walk to End Alzheimer’s from the kick-off event in March to the wrap-up event in late October. Committee members focus on things such as growing and promoting the event, recruiting new teams and participants, putting up Walk posters and yard signs throughout the community, and securing sponsorships. Our goal for 2021 is to have over 1,500 walkers involved to help us raise over $240,000.
The planning committee meets 1x/month for approximately 1-2 hours. For now, all of our meetings are being held virtually but we do plan to resume in person meetings this coming fall 2021. Please contact Walk Manager, Hanna at email@example.com to learn more.
About Alzheimer's Association Wisconsin Chapter
620 S76th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53214, US
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
The Alzheimer's Association Wisconsin Chapter has locations all across the state to serve the community.
Join our cause
- Volunteer with the Alzheimer’s Association
- Advocate for those affected by Alzheimer’s and urge legislators to make the disease a national priority
- Participate in Walk to End Alzheimer’s, the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s disease care, support and research
- Register for The Longest Day. On the summer solstice, select any activity you love - or an activity loved by those affected - to help end Alzheimer’s
2820 Walton Commons LaneMadison, WI 53718
July 7, 2021
- People 55+
- 1-2 hours per month for meeting, 2-4 hours outside of meetings to help with miscellaneous tasks