Food Pantry Volunteer
SUMMARY: Provide emergency food assistance to people in need by stocking, organizing, and distributing non-perishable food items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Commit to volunteering for a period of at least six
- Enter client information into
- Collect information from walk-in clients and prepare food bag(s) based on family
- Unpack and organize food
- Maintain a clean and organized food pantry.
- Maintain client privacy and
- Abide by program policies and procedures as outlined in volunteer manual and training
- Comply with requests for updated background checks and drug
- Attend program orientation and scheduled training sessions and participate in periodic in- service training sessions as
- Represent Commonwealth Catholic Charities in the community and workplace in a professional and ethical
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including empathy, support, and
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: None.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to regularly lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Food pantry hours are Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 12 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Commonwealth Catholic Charities
1601 Rolling Hills Drive, Richmond, VA 23229, US
The mission of Commonwealth Catholic Charities is to provide quality, compassionate human services to all people, especially the most vulnerable.
CCC is a private, non-profit social service agency dedicated to serving the needy in central and southwestern Virginia.
836 Campbell Avenue SWRoanoke, VA 24016
July 7, 2021
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Must commit to volunteering for a period of at least six months.
- Must be able to regularly lift 20 pounds