7 people are interested
Help Can't Wait -- Join Our Volunteer Team Today
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Southeastern PA - Headquarters
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
RED CROSS TRANSPORTATION SPECIALISTS NEEDED TO DELIVER BLOOD!
Hero's, like you, are wanted to join a team of people who are rolling up their sleeves and saving lives. Our Blood Transportation Specialists is one of our highest priority positions! You help pick up blood from local blood drives and deliver it to our processing center at 7th and Spring Garden in Philadelphia, or pick up blood from the processing center and deliver it a hospital in need in the surrounding counties.
BLOOD TRANSPORTATION SPECIALISTS
- Transport blood and related products from area blood drives to Philadelphia based lab and/or from Philadelphia lab to area hospitals
- Use a Red Cross branded vehicle or your own (reimbursement available)
- Requires 3+ years clean driving record, proof of insurance and ability to lift up to 45 pounds
- Deliver the GiFT OF LIFE to those who are waiting to receive it.
Once trained, only sign up for shifts that fit your schedule. 4-5 shifts/month (approx. 4-6 hours/shift.) Must be 18+ years old, clear MVR, and complete a background check. Free training provided, along with masks, gloves and sanitizer.
Learn more here: www.redcross.org/volunteer
"Safety First! Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC safety recommendations and follow the national and local government laws. COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged and is required for in-person volunteer roles."
About American Red Cross of Southeastern PA - Headquarters
2221 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the POWER OF VOLUNTEERS and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities -- including:
- Biomedical/Blood Services as an Screener, Ambassador or Driver
- Disaster Cycle Services as a Responder (locally and/or nationally) or Recovery Caseworker
- Emergency Preparedness as a Smoke Alarm Installer or Youth Educator
- Community Outreach
- Volunteer Services
- Service to the Armed Forces
523 E Gay StreetWest Chester, PA 19380
July 25, 2023
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 shifts/month or your schedule