17 people are interested
Everyone Can Make a Difference Volunteering with Community Hospice/Veterans Needed
ORGANIZATION: Community Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
Community Hospice Volunteers bring an extra layer of care and support to our patients and their loved ones. We value and nurture our volunteers and appreciate their desire to help others. We recognize that we are more than hospice and that dignity at end of life is valuable and important to everyone. We are a 4-Star "We Honor Veterans Partner." What is your gift or talent? We will find a way to help you share your gifts and bring joy to someone's day. You can make a difference!
We are actively seeking compassionate dedicated volunteers in Mobile & Baldwin Counties to offer:
- Veteran-to-Veteran Program to show our gratitude and respect for their service with Veteran Appreciation Coin and Pinning ceremonies, Veteran Community Activities and Vet-to-Vet patient visits. Presenting our "Guide for the Ill Veteran" booklet to various Veteran organizations. Also Sewing and presenting Quilts of Valor to Veteran patients
- Visiting, reading, playing music, socializing & pet walking
- Provide respite for family members by running errands, assisting with shopping and sitting with patients.
- Bringing cheerful "Petals of Love" flower arrangements to our patients (especially those without families.)
- Write and send cheerful cards, make calls to families to see if they need anything from us.
- Pet therapy, art therapy, laughter therapy.
- Garden or yard help
- Volunteer recruiting event assistance e.g. Lunch and learn events, bingo, penny auctions etc.
- Community Hospice Foundation fundraising event assistance
- Any number of creative ideas that you can come up with to help us serve our patients & community.
- We honor the CDC social distancing guidelines.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Community Hospice
2651 Cameron St. Suite D, Mobile, AL 36607, US
Community Hospice Circle of Care surrounds our patients with support, ensuring the highest possible quality of life. Community Hospice provides support to natural caregivers/helpers of our patients. The Circle of Care teams are dedicated to helping our patients maintain his/her dignity increasing their quality of life and providing comfort - not only for physical symptoms, but also for their emotional and spiritual needs. We create a compassionate individualized plan of care to meet the specific needs and wishes of the patient and their family. We integrate and address the diverse needs of the patients and their families.
Backed by decades of medical expertise and healthcare management experiences, our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing comprehensive care that allows our patients to remain at home and enjoy normal activities as long as possible. Community Hospice patients and their families are given access to high-quality care when facing a life-limiting illness or multiple hospitalizations due to a chronic illness. We are a locally-owned and managed hospice agency serving Baldwin and Mobile Counties. Our emphasis is on comfort care (pain and symptom control) maintaining dignity, and increasing quality of life rather than curative treatment. Community hospice honors our Veterans with our special Coins program that salutes our patients that served in the military.
Multiple locations Mobile, AL 36695
September 12, 2023
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Animal Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour for initial paperwork and training. Meetings up to 30 minutes. Quarterly thank you lunches/dinners 1 hour. Visit with patients 30 min up to 2 hours hours per time once or twice a month. Community Events 1-2 hours. CPR takes an hour.
- We supply TB test, drug testing. We will give you Friends & Family Hands-off CPR training.