Make a Difference & Help Give Quality of Life Being a Community Hospice Volunteer
Community Hospice Volunteers bring an extra layer of care and support to our patients and their loved ones. We value and nurture our volunteers and appreciate their desire to help others. We recognize that we are more than hospice and that dignity at end of life is valuable and important to everyone.
We are actively seeking compassionate dedicated volunteers in Mobile & Baldwin Counties to offer:
- Veteran-to-Veteran Program to show our gratitude and respect for their service.
- Sewing fidget blankets, Quilts of Valor and stuffed toys for Alzheimer's & Dementia patients
- Visiting, reading, playing music, socializing & pet walking
- Provide respite for family members by running errands, assisting with shopping and sitting with patients.
- Bringing cheerful "Petals of Love" arrangements to our patients (especially those without families.
- Write and send cheerful cards, make calls to families to see if they need anything from us.
- Pet therapy, art therapy, laughter therapy.
- Garden or yard help
- Volunteer recruiting event assistance
- Foundation fundraising event assistance
- Any number of creative ideas that you can come up with to help us serve our patients & community.
- We honor the CDC social distancing guidelines.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Community Hospice
1450 S. McKenzie, Foley, AL 36535, US
Community Hospice Circle of Care surrounds our patients with support, ensuring the highest possible quality of life. Community Hospice provides support to natural caregivers/helpers of our patients. The Circle of Care teams are dedicated to helping our patients maintain his/her dignity increasing their quality of life and providing comfort - not only for physical symptoms, but also for their emotional and spiritual needs. We create a compassionate individualized plan of care to meet the specific needs and wishes of the patient and their family. We integrate and address the diverse needs of the patients and their families.
Backed by decades of medical expertise and healthcare management experiences, our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing comprehensive care that allows our patients to remain at home and enjoy normal activities as long as possible. Community Hospice patients and their families are given access to high-quality care when facing a life-limiting illness or multiple hospitalizations due to a chronic illness. We are a locally-owned and managed hospice agency serving Baldwin and Mobile Counties. Our emphasis is on comfort care (pain and symptom control) maintaining dignity, and increasing quality of life rather than curative treatment. Community hospice honors our Veterans with our special Coins program that salutes our patients that served in the military.
Multiple locations Mobile, AL 36608
September 21, 2021
- Elder care
- Administrative Support
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Music Therapy
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours for initial paperwork and training. Meetings up to 1 hour. Quarterly thank you lunches/dinners 1 hour. Visit with patients 1-2 hours per time once or twice a month. Events 1-2 hours.
- We supply TB test, drug testing. We will give you Friends & Family Hands-off CPR training.